Chapter 1 ✓

Hailey Ford is your typical party girl, she goes to clubs but she's really smart. She may not completely be bad girl but she's still not one to mess with.

Kevin Scott is your cliche rebel who skips school, is a player, and he's a jock who's daily existence is to tease the life out of Hailey.

Those two are neighbors since birth, and their parents are as best friends as best could possibly be. They always attend the same school, in the same city which  is pretty much because their parents were always together.

This story would just be perfect if they liked each other too but they were always rivals. Hailey always had to be better than Kevin at everything, maybe even body count- oops-

Of course, rivals can't possibly fall in love..or can they?

"No!" Hailey shouts in annoyance when her teacher groups her together with Kevin, meanwhile, he just shoots her his most mischievous grin. The rest of the class murmurs, discussing whether that was the dream team or the complete opposite. I mean sure, put the smartest kids in the same group, it's bound to end well. 

"What? You're not grateful of having such a smart and handsome groupmate?" Kevin gestures to himself, winking at the gawking girls. 

"I'd be glad if someone else took my place," Hailey simply rolled her eyes before turning to the teacher to argue again. 

"I'll fail both of you if you just don't accept the groupings," the professor gave no room for arguments, making Hailey sit back down in silence. 

~Hailey~

It was already lunch break and I brought my annoyance with me. At least my girl friends are here, but so are his boys. It's in a middle of bad and good right now because although Kevin is smart, he's unreliable. I wouldn't be surprised if he offers his sper- the-baby-thing, as a "contribution". And the way he's so smug, it's annoying, it's like he's effortless about everything, I never see him studying because all I see from my window is him undressing- so full of himself. 

Ever since we were born we were always competent anyways. Yes, I was exaggerating. You expect fetuses to race out of the womb? Well, that could've happened, only, it was a tie. 

I'm not exaggerating about that fact, apparently, we were born on the same day, at the same time, I checked the birth certificates and it was true. This is a fxcking curse, not a miracle, fate or whatever you love birds call it. What's next, that we die at the same time and reason? Unless I purposely drive a car into a cliff-

"Are you done day-dreaming about Kevin?" Emily nudges me with her elbow. 

"I'm not day-dreaming, Em," I rip my gaze away from Kevin and started eating my food. 

"Bull. You've been staring for quite a long time not to be day-dreaming," she keeps teasing before eating her food as well. 

"There's a difference between a glare and a stare," I tell my bestfriend. She thinks me and Kevin make a perfect couple just because, in her words "fate destined you two to be together, you were literally made for each other"

"So what's the plan?" Kevin smirks at me, already sitting across from me. 

"I choke you to death," I smile passive-aggressively. 

"I meant for the project, not your kinky sadistic fantasies of me" 

This guy is just waiting to be drowned in bleach. Tonight

"We interview the staff of the school. Once we do, we make can the brochure and the powerpoint." They all nod except for Kevin, I decided to ask, "Do you have a problem with that plan?"

"When do make the questions and who's house? And do we interview together or separate into pairs?" He surprisingly makes sense.

"To be further discussed in my house later," I shrugged, expecting him and his group to bug off afterwards. 

When they didn't leave like I expected, Emily, Claire and Fae didn't seem to mind the extra company but it irritated me how they were so casual about staying at the table, talking with the girls as well. 

"What are you still doing here?" I sigh, stabbing my poutine. 

"We're too lazy to move to another table, plus, your friends don't seem to mind so we thought it's okay with you," Kevin reaches his fork over to my plate while I was checking my pre-occupied friends. 

"Steal my food and I'll stab this fork into your hand." I glared at Kevin from the corner of my eyes, making him chuckle and raise his hands in defeat. 

"You're not even fast enough to stop me," he argues, but I just stay silent. 

"Anyone up for Truth or Dare?" Matt, one of Kevin's friends, suddenly says to all of us. 

"Sure," everyone, except me, replied. I swear if someone dares someone kiss or make out in the middle of the cafeteria or something.

The bottle spins and lands on me, no surprise there. "Truth," I smirk at everyone, outsmarting them. 

"Out of everyone in the table, who are you most likely to sleep with?" John asks. 

"Who says I haven't slept with one of you?" I rested my chin on my propped up arm, batting my eyelashes at them, making them all visibly gulp. Taking the question seriously, Kevin has the best looks for me, but I won't say that, it'll feed his ego. 

"Emily? I don't know?" I finally answer

"Whoa, you're not straight?" Matt asks while the others wolf-whistle, sounding like someone who found new pornography or something. 

"I'm straight, and you never specified what kind of sleep you meant. Emily and I have slept in the same bed before," I laugh at everyone's faces. 

The bottle was spun again, this time, landing on Kevin. 

"Dare, cause I'm not chicken like Hailey," he cocked his head at me as a challenge. 

"Uh..Date Hailey until after prom, and don't fall in love," John challenges him. 

"Why'd I get dragged into this?" I complain. 

"To see if the two of you have chemistry, which you two obviously have, you just need a little push."

"There is no chemistry," I argue while Kevin fakes being hurt. 

"What about last night?" Kevin pushes the joke, making everyone think something happened.

"I will stab you," he earns a glare from me.

"I will shut up," he replies. 

"Come on, Hailey, if you're too chicken, just tell us and we'll make him fake-date someone else."

"You know I can't refuse to a challenge," I sigh in defeat. 

"Or you can't bear to see him with another girl," Em teases. 

"I see him with a different girl every night, you point?"

"-has been lost," she smiles sheepishly.