Chapter 18 ✓

~Kevin~

We just left the hospital and I remembered to ask just now. 

"How did you not faint when I was bumped my the car? I'm pretty sure I would've bled pretty hard"

"She fainted right after you were brought in the ambulance. Maybe it was the adrenaline-until she saw her hands and suddenly lost consciousness." Claire explains.

"And when she woke up all panicked," Fae adds but Emily cuts her off.

"And she was like "Where's Kevin? Tell me he's okay" -" Hailey cuts her off by covering her mouth. 

"And now it's time for you all to shut up," she glares at everyone, including me to make sure that we don't laugh.

~Hailey~

We arrive home, hopping out of Matt's car. Kevin opened the door for me, making me smile at him. Our smiles fell flat when we saw our parents inside the house, pacing around- well, our moms. Our dads kept to themselves in the kitchen, not even caring to ask Kevin if he was okay. Our moms looked all over us to check if we were actually okay. 

I changed out of my outfit to get rid of the hospital's smell and whatever disease I might've carried home with me. Once I got downstairs, everyone was quiet and the table was already set. 

"How was your trip?" I asked, breaking the silence. 

"It was..eventful," my dad answers, and just like that, it was quiet again. Dinner was quick and I volunteered to clean the dishes, to hopefully leave the tense atmosphere. 

"That was awkward," Kevin says beside me, noticing the tension as well. 

"Do you think they're fighting?" I asked, drying the dishes. 

"Our moms aren't, but our dads probably are."

"It'll die off, right?"

"Let's hope it does."