Chapter 12 ✓

~Kevin~

Me and Hailey have been dating for 3 weeks now and nothing's wrong so far. None of Debbie's friends have spilled the beans so I'm guessing that Dan took care of it. 

I rang Hailey's doorbell with two bouquets in my hands. We're supposed to visit my cousin's grave today. 

"Coming!" She shouts as she comes down the stairs and opens the door. She was wearing a simple white sundress, smiling at me. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Here lies, Anna Lace Hope-Scott, a good friend till time's end." Hailey reads out loud as she placed the flowers down.

"Her nickname is Lace," I told her and all she does is grin sheepishly at me.

"Hey Lace, sorry about what I did before. As a kid, I was stupid, I still am when it comes to your cousin but I hope you're resting and watching over us. I'll take care of your cousin, I really want this to work," she says, playing with the grass. I can't help but feel guilty because I haven't told her about the bet yet. I did tell her friends but they scolded me about not telling her. She gets up and hugs me, probably thinking I'm sad about my cousin instead of something else. 

"Hailey?" I start, taking her hand. "This isn't the best and most elegant place to ask but would you be my date for prom?"

She simply smiles and nods, pulling me into another hug. 

Once we got back to the car, I handed her a box and told her not to open it yet. It was a simple gift I could give my date to lessen her stress for prom.