Chapter 11 ✓

~Kevin~

And with that, she took the bait. I got into a whole mix-up when I got drunk and broke up with Debbie, and then ended up getting into another bet with Hailey's reputation on the line. 

All I have to do is make her fall in love. 

This is better off that using Debbie to make her jealous and better than embarrassing Hailey in front of the whole school by letting Dan expose some of the nastiest picture of her. I don't know how he got them but he was able to get her nudes. 

If I was just a friend to her, I'll make the most of being a friend could ever be. I look at her in amazement, she looks beautiful. I asked her out on a first "real" date and I feel bad. She was wearing a red off-shoulder dress, smiling at me. I smiled back and held her hand as I opened the car door for her. 

"I have a special place for us to go, now tell me what you want to eat so we can make a drive-thru," I asked, starting the car.

"WaccDonalds!" She says excitedly, snapping the seat-belt on. I chuckled and drove off to the nearest drive-thru, ordering her usual and paying for both of our food. 

-*-

Hailey was looking out at the sea while the waves splashed against the dock we had a dinner set-up in. I placed my jacket on her before she caught a cold and sat next to her, sighing. 

"Do you think that everyone deserves love?" she suddenly asks me.

"Yeah, why wouldn't they?"

"I don't think that love is for me, I mean, look at how fvcked up my love life has been. I can't even keep one boyfriend," she sobbed, aggressively wiping her tears off. I couldn't do this, I couldn't bring myself to hurt her.

"What if I showed you that you could be loved?" I told her, certain of what I had deal with later on. 

"Could you?" she turned to me with teary eyes. "Could you teach me to love myself?"

Instead of replying with words, I pulled her close and kissed her, pouring all my longing feelings into it for her. 

"If you let me," I say after pulling away. She simply nods before pulling me into the kiss again. 

-*-

After that I met up with the guys and told them that the bet was off. John and Matt punched Dan in each arm while he laughed, explaining that I wasn't supposed to take the bet seriously. 

"You really think that I would have her nudes?"

And with that, John and Matt were holding each of my arms, holding me back from beating the crap out of Dan. "You asshole!"

"I'm sorry, I didn't think you were gullible enough to just take the bet like that but we have a different problem," he scratches the nape of his neck. 

"What did you do now?" John irritably asks. 

"I might've slipped about the bet and told one of Debbie's friends about it," Dan shrugs. "I was into the heat of the moment and I ended up blurting it to her." 

"Fix it," I said, lunging myself at Dan and punching him. "Hailey will not find out about all this stupidity," I shouted, getting off. 

"I'll try, I swear," Dan had both of his arms in front of him in defense. 

Things couldn't get any worse.