Chapter 2 ✓

~Hailey~

I got up from my seat and sat next to Kevin, connecting my arm with his. "I'm already getting started, right?" I held in a gag while the others held in their laughter.

"The punishment is," Dan rubbed his hands together before motioning for money. "$100 each and a public kiss that lasts 10 seconds in the middle of the football field."

"I'm already getting started," Kevin mocks me, lifting my hand and holding it. I quickly pulled my arm back, crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. "Try not to fall in love with me." He smirks and gets up from his seat, I follow after him and held his hand.

"One more thing, your parents have to know about you two dating," Dan adds. I let go of Kevin and clenched my fist, ready to punch Dan. 

"Why does my family have to be brought into this too?" I hiss. 

Kevin holds me back. "Don't. It'll cause attention." I thought about it and calmed myself down, shrugging out of his grip.

"For fun? Your parents would be happy about it anyways," Matt jokes, well, half-jokes. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Once we got home, we went and told our parents. Our friends were with us because we had to fix up the project either way. Do you know those moms who are eager, really eager to have grandchildren? Those are our moms, so we had to be careful about how we broke the news.

Kevin and I sat down on the couch while waiting for our parents to sit across from us, holding a couple of glasses of juice, ready to hear what we were about to say. Our moms already had huge grins on their faces because Kevin and I never sit close to each other. 

"So we discovered that maybe we had more in common than we thought," Kevin starts while shuffling in his seat and pinching my side to make me continue. I threw him a glare before giving our parents a sickeningly uncomfortable smile. Our friends were chuckling in a corner, urging me to continue as well. 

 "Kevin and I are dating," I continued for him.

Both of our moms were ecstatic. I think they beat fan-girls being given fan service, y'know, when certain characters show off their abs or something, or when your ship finally happens. Yeah, you, behind the screen. 

"Yes! We're gonna have beautiful grandchildren!"

"See? They're getting along like when they were six," 

When we were six, like, eleven years ago? I didn't even remember if there was a time when he and I got along anymore. 

"We're gonna go upstairs now," Kevin excuses us all. He must have felt he uneasiness in the atmosphere.

"Alright! Use protection! We want you two to get married first," I felt my cheeks flush at what his mom says.

I closed the door behind me and sighed in relief, watching our friends roll on the floor, laughing their asses off. "Do you want to stay over too?" I offer Kevin. 

"Don't want us to part ways?" he teases. 

"I just feel sorry for you when your parents ask you what you did to me while our friends are here," I grab some shorts before going into the bathroom to change. Once I got out, I witness a backpack literally thrown at Kevin by his dad. 

"You'll be staying here," his dad says before letting my mom in the room. 

"I guess it's time to discuss where babies come from," she starts. My eyes widen before I guide her back out the room. 

"Mom, please, my friends are here," I sigh, massaging my head at the amount of stress this is giving me. 

"I get it," she pauses, making me think she actually does. "You want us to wait for them to leave?" 

I gave myself a mental facepalm. "I think I know about the birds and the bees already."

 "Kevin demonstrated already?" she giggles, she's being too carefree about her daughter losing her virginity. 

"No, mom, can we talk about this later? We have a project to finish," I slowly close the door as I watched her retreating figure. 

I clapped my hands together and sat on the floor, ready to discuss the group work. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Once our friends left, I got back up to my room to see Kevin sprawled on my bed. 

"What are you doing?" I asked Kevin, kicking his feet.

"Laying down," he shrugs, sitting up. 

"You're going to sleep on the floor."

"What if I don't want to?"

"I'll make you want to, get off my bed already," I groan.

"No you can't," he simply on his phone. I rolled my eyes as I set a mattress down on the floor, too tired to argue.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was late at night and I kept my phone in the drawer, ready to sleep. 

"Give me the blanket" I demand, tugging on his because I had an extra blanket under the pillow he was using.

"Let me think about it," he pretends to think, with the chin rub and all, "Can I get a please?"

I clicked my tongue before turning over and closing my eyes. I resisted the urge to shiver in the cold night and decided to just sleep it off, but I couldn't help it, making me hug myself an rub my arms,

After a few minutes I suddenly felt warm, Kevin was hugging me with the blanket over both of us. Maybe he thought I was asleep.

He isn't a complete monster, at least we look like a real couple if our parents ever walk in.