Chapter 16 ✓

~Hailey~

I slowly walked closer to the tombstone, placing the bouquet down after I sat down on the grass and sighed, feeling the wind breeze against my skin. 

"It's been quite a while since I last talked to you. We all miss you and I really wish you could still be here to hang out with us, at least I know I do. I know that everything was rough between us and a brand new start would have been nice." I laughed to myself feeling as if I lost a lot these past few days. I got up and dusted off my shorts before walking to the bus stop. 

I've lost a lot of sleep ever since the incident at prom, I wish things went differently. Being in a fight with Kevin was bad enough but goddamn fate and this overkill punishment for him. He got off with a broken arm that was quick to heal and wouldn't give him any long term injuries that would hinder him playing football or anything. 

The accident was basically an eye-opener for me, it showed me that letting him explain was way better than losing him just like that. I was able to piece together everything, it was all just bad timing and nobody was lying, it was all just misinformation. 

I got to the hospital room, just quiet and staring at his still body on the hospital bed. Em squeezes my shoulder before pulling the others out of the room with her. I sighed and reached for his hand, squeezing it as I felt the tears start to pool my eyes. 

"I can't bring myself to actually hate you," I started, admitting it to myself. "Fvck, I miss it all. I miss you and your stupid remarks. I miss everything I thought was annoying about you, so just wake up and annoy me already."

I wiped the tears that blurred my vision, how much of a fool would I be to cry over the same guy all the time?

"Come on, stop playing hard to get," I joke to make myself feel better. "If you wake up right now, I'll be your girlfriend."

And just like that, he squeezes my hand. 

"I will pull the plug if you don't open your eyes right now," I threaten him, pulling my hand away, but his tight grip didn't let me leave so easily. 

"You miss me that much? You said you'd be my girlfriend if I woke up," I look at him to see that stupid smirk on his face. My tough demeanor fell and I instantly hug him. 

"Hey, I'm still hurt," he chuckles, hugging back. 

"I'm sorry," I looked at him and smiled sadly. He wipes my tears away and pulls my face close, kissing me deeply- and then the door opens. 

"Is he awake ye- Oh! He's more than awake."

"Our boy is back!" All the guys ran to him and I narrowly dodge their pile. Is that even safe when he has a broken arm?