Chapter 39 ✓

~Hailey~

I still didn't expect him to be gay. He has good looks that girls went gaga after, it's kind of a shame. I just hope he finds someone who will treat him right. I was still curious about who that stranger was and why he had..no shame.

"Hailey, You okay? You seem to be in a daze" Emily snaps her fingers at me.

"Must be worried about a research that the professor wants us to conduct," Charles joked, though he was partially right. He felt okay explaining to the other about his situation, partly to defuse the hate Kevin might have for him. While we were walking, I bump into someone, forcing me to stop zoning out. 

"I'm sorry," The guy apologizes. Kevin pulls me behind him before I could see the guy.

"Kevin, hey man, can we have a civil conversation?" The guy continues.

"There's nothing to be said, you stay the fuck away from us," Kevin held himself back from punching him then and there, evident from his clenched fists. Did he have beef with someone on the first day? I take a peep and was taken aback. He looks me in the eye and gave me an apologetic look.

It was Dave. 

The guy who called me "doll". The guy who forced himself on me. I should have filed restraining orders against him. Has he been stalking me? It can't be a complete coincidence that he's studying in the same university as us.

Same university as me.

We all walked away from him, so we don't end up starting a fight. Being charged for assault wasn't an option right now, and he hasn't done anything yet. Charles tries to avert my attention to something else because he notices that I was feeling uneasy.

"Wanna go to a movie? My treat, for Hailey only though-" He says gladly.

"What movie?" I ask.

"Nerve?" He suggests.

I nod. I watched the trailer and sorta wanted to watch it. Never really found the time to drag someone with me. Everyone else agreed to come to ease the mood. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We were all waiting for Charles as he pays for the tickets. After a few minutes, he runs to us and hops, giddy while waving the tickets at us.

"Got the tickets! Let's go!"

We approach the cinema room and hand the man the tickets and he gestures for us to enter. The guys cheered quietly as they carry the food. I point at our seat numbers. Everyone walked over and sat down and the movie starts rolling the trailers for other movies.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

The movie finished and we went somewhere to eat.

"Damn! I wish that game was real!" Matt exclaims.

"So you would be risking your life for that? Just get a job!" I say to him.

Everyone laughs at this.

The waitress comes to our table and places the food down and we all munched on.

What a day!

~End~