Chapter 31 ✓

~Hailey~

"You done yet? We're supposed to go to the carnival nearby," Kevin's muffled voice sounds from the other side of the door

I turned shower off and wrapped myself with a towel. I open the door and crashed into Kevin's bare chest but not strong enough to make us both fall over. I looked up at him and see his worried expression before we both got up.

"Are you okay? You look so out of it."

"I'm fine, I'm just worried," I shrugged it off as I walked away. 

He grips my wrist before I could walk away.

"We can talk about it if you'd like," His grip loosened and he closes the space between us making our lips touch. "I'm here to lend you my shoulder and ears."

I gave him a small smile before I searched in my bag for an off-shoulder blouse and white shorts. I put it on and brushed my hair.

Kevin comes out of the shower.

"Turn around" he orders.

"You act as if I haven't seen you naked before," I joked. 

"Alright then." He smirks and slowly takes his towel off. My eyes widen and I immediately turned around. It didn't take him a while to finish up and I turn back around. It's the second time I have ever seen him quite presentable. The first time was on our first "date".

"Well now, you look.."

"Like a gentleman you would want to marry?" He winks but I roll my eyes in response, smiling anyways.

We went out the door and the others were waiting for us.

"Let's go! I heard they sell gummy bears there." Emily giggles then nudges me. I mentally gasped and squealed. My inner child has been awoken.

"Let's go! I want those bears!" I pulled Kevin a cheerful grin on my face as I ran to a random direction.

"Hmm... Not the wrong direction." Kevin snorts.

"I'm craving gummy bears so shush!"

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I drooled at the gummy bears, in my mind though, 'cause if I really did that it would be gross. I reached in my purse for my wallet then cursed when I remembered it at home. I walked away with a downed face. Kevin lifted my face to look up at him.

"Why didn't you buy any?" He asks.

"I left my wallet in the room," I know it sounds childish and a bit too sensitive of me but I felt like crying about it.

"Wait here," He smiles at me and I do as told.

After a few minutes he comes back swinging a packet of gummy bears in front of me. I snatched it from him and smiled. I open in up and groaned in satisfaction. Mmm..

I look at Kevin and offered some to him but he shook his head.

"Thanks," I tip-toed to give him a quick kiss of appreciation. He holds the back of my head to prevent me from pulling away as he began to taste my tongue. I slightly push him away and he gives me a sly grin.

"Okay, that's too much of gratitude for me to show..in public at least," I looked away, a bit embarrassed if strangers stared. 

He wraps his hand around my shoulder, I smiled and moved closer to him. 

"Maybe when I propose to you I'd give you a whole package of gummy bears, then you'll never be able to resist saying yes."

"Yeah, I won't, maybe you should try doing that," I said in a sarcastic tone.

"Really?" He comments.

"Yes, and if you do that in public, It would be romantic. Add the fact that you may be able to prove to people that I'm a glutton," I added in a cold tone.

"I didn't mean it that way... I meant that I would even do that just to prove to you that I would do anything for you," He tried to explain.

"I'm sorry, I don't really know what came over me," I kissed him on the cheek, feeling a little guilty. I didn't mean to give him the cold shoulder.

We meet up with the others on the Ferris wheel. I'm afraid of heights and at the size of this Ferris wheel I could have a heart attack.

"I think I'll pass on this one," I said backing away.

"Don't worry, I'll hold you tight. I won't let go until the end of the ride if I have to," Kevin gives me a reassuring smile.

I smile back but at the back of my mind, I was repeatedly shaking my head. We fell in line and waited for our turn

~End~