Chapter 37 ✓

~Hailey~

I couldn't fall asleep so I took my bag and did a few advance reading. After a few skimming, I went out of the room and walked around the halls, and eventually got somewhere. It was a large room with a glass roof. I would assume this was the observatory? I approached the telescope and looked through. After a few moment I sat on the floor and gazed at the stars.

"I didn't know you were fond of stars too," someone says suddenly, startling me. "They're beautiful and you share the sights with people around the world."

"Who's there?" 

"No need to know right away," he chuckled, staying in the darkest part of the room. My brain is telling me to just up and leave but I'm pretty sure the guards have safely watched everything. 

"You know, I prefer being alone," I said bluntly. 

"This is a public place, I have as much rights to be here as much as you," he answers. "We pay the same tuition."

"You have a point," I shrugged and just let him hang around. "But that doesn't mean I'll have to talk to you."

"That's too bad, we were going to have a moment," he joked. 

"I have a boyfriend, please stop hitting on me if you are."

"A boyfriend that's overprotective? Isn't that what's going around?"

"Charles?"

"Wrong," he laughs. 

Oh, I thought it was him playing some sort of prank. 

"What's with the down face? Did you want me to be him?"

"I prefer him over some stranger."

"Aren't strangers the perfect secret holders."

"Until they blackmail you with it, that's just a false statement," I sarcastically laughed. 

"Well you know, there are rumors about you spreading, that you're two-timing."

"And you believe them?"

"No, I don't see you as that type of person." 

I'm glad I have someone on my side, even if he was a stranger. Then again, he could just be faking it. 

I felt myself get cold and a wave of sleepiness hits me. He tried to offer his jacket but I said goodbye to him instead and excused myself back to the room. I tried to take a peek of who he was but to no avail. 

~End~