Chapter 32 ✓

~Kevin~

I help Hailey up the ride. As soon as we were at the top, her grip tightened and her eyes, shut closed.

"Open your eyes, the view is amazing," I tell her to ease her a little. 

Her hold loosened and she slowly opens her eyes. Her hazel brown orbs shine. The lights reflecting on them. She looks at me, smiling a little.

"You're right, it is an amazing view but that doesn't change the fact that I'm scared." She looks back at the view and I hug her on the waist, pulling her close. She rests her head on my shoulder and sighs.

"But this is romantic, I have to admit."

"Even if you're so scared?"

"As long as it's with you, it's always romantic." She smiles before continuing. "But how can I not be scared when something could go wrong with the ride like a loose screw and we'd fall to our deaths. Bad girl doesn't necessarily scream daredevil," she explained. 

"Then take your time to conquer it, it's okay to have fear as long as it doesn't get in the way of your life, okay?"

She looks at me and smile. We both lean in for a kiss but then the ride stops and we had to get off. Bummer. I stood up and helped her out, holding her hand. As we were walking out we saw the others smirking at us.

"Aww, did that cut your kiss off?" Dan smirks at Hailey and she slightly tightened her hold and I notice that she felt uneasy. I glare at Dan and he stops smirking.

"Okay! Where are we off to now?" Emily asks.

"Horror house!" Hailey seemed eager about it as she jumped up in joy.

"You're scared of heights but not horror houses?" I asked her. 

"Unless some masked killer is in there pretending to be an actor, why should I get scared of fellow humans?"

"Horror house it is," I said shrugging

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We all walked to the popular horror house in the carnival. "Labyrinth of Fears" the wooden sign in front of the house read. I felt goose bumps crawling up my arm. Hailey moved closer to me.

"This is different from the small horror houses back at our place," she says wrapping her arm around mine.

"So... split up?" Matt asks.

"By couple," Fae giggles.

"Jumpscares per corner. That would be scary." Claire adds.

"Let's go!!!" Emily shouts and John swings his arm around Emily as they walk in. We all follow after them, going in a different direction.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Me and Hailey have been her for almost 15 minutes and are still stuck. We kind of lost our sense of direction while trying to mess with the actors. 

We finally found our way out and the others were not yet there. We both slumped into a bench and laughed our hearts out, catching our breaths after. It was wild how we made a fool out of them instead of getting frightened every corner. 

She takes one last big breath and exhales. She smiles at me and was about to say something when suddenly hear Emily scream. Wait, Emily?

We both whipped our heads toward the exit and saw Emily basically about to fall over. Hailey quickly makes her way to her and holds her up, guiding her to the bench. 

"That was horrifying. I thought it was a one-route thing but I guess it was a maze," she said exhaustedly. 

Fae, Claire, Dan and Matt came out together. Maybe the bumped into each other while inside. We all gathered and talked about what had happened inside. They had a good laugh at our little prank too. 

~End~

A/N

Hey guys! I was able to update because classes were cancelled. Do you guys like the story so far? 

Thanks for the 1.24k views guys!!! It means a lot.

Thanks for the support, really appreciate it.

Bai~

~Scarlet