Chapter 19 ✓

~Hailey~

"Family meeting!" My dad calls out, I was relieved and scared at the same time. Relieved that he was going to explain what the hell was going on and scared of actually finding out what it was. We all sat down on the couch, Kevin squeezes my hand to try and calm me down. 

"We may have been totally okay with this," Mr. Scott gestured to me and Kevin. "It has to stop, we can't have you two together when we need you for something else."

"Scott and I are business rivals now," my dad finished..

"That's bull. You can't drag Hailey and I into this," Kevin speaks up, it was my turn to hold him back.

"Sweetheart, why do we need to we need to bring them into this?" Mrs. Scott asks her husband and my mom tries to talk to my dad too.

"The man who offered us a spot as a business partner only has one spot." My dad tells us.

"He has twins, a boy and a girl. All three of us could essentially be partners but our children have to arranged into marriage with theirs." Mr. Scott adds.

I got up and stormed up to my room, slamming the door behind me and sliding down against it. Things couldn't get more unfair than this. Why now? Why did it get this twisted when I finally decided I'd start fresh?

I cussed and screamed every curse word I could think of, throwing my pillows everywhere. My tantrum gets cut off when someone knocks on my window. I opened it up, happy to see that it was Kevin.

"I'm still here, things wouldn't end between us until we decide. Our parents don't have to control everything between us," he smiles sadly before sliding into my room. I couldn't help but bury myself into his warmth, holding onto him and crying in frustration.

He tries to change the subject.

"Do you have a curse word dictionary in here, cause I heard you curse a damn lot," he jokes, trying to lighten the situation, to which I simply smile at.

After a few more minutes of just sitting there and staying together, we decided to head off to bed for the night.