Chapter 5 ✓

~Hailey~

We were walking home, holding hands just in case anyone sees us, the stakes were raised because we were caught by the rest of the school. I didn't get to drink a lot cause Scotty boy didn't let me so I think this holding-hands things was more to reassure him that I wouldn't run back to the party. 

"Mind if we crash in your house?" Our friends said from behind us, having been following ever since we left the party. 

"Yes, I mind," I tell them, if it was just the girls I would have allowed it, but since the boys are coming I'll have to say no because even though we're alone at home I don't want them to make a mess. 

"It's cool they could crash at my place," I look over at Kevin. Maybe these guys hang out at his house. Oh wait, I'm pretty sure I heard them hang out once.

Me and the girls were having a sleep-over after finishing a group project when we suddenly heard loud screaming. I loudly knock on their window, since our houses are 3 feet apart, Em was holding my feet to make sure I don't fall. 

"Yes? Want to join us?" Kevin says once he opens the window.

"One, No, never. And two, what is that noise?"

"Oh that?" He checks back in the room, as if to make sure if the wild animal was still in there. "The guys are imitating..something," I know he meant something dirty and he knows I already know what he meant.

"Sounds like the failed mating call of a dying monkey," I laugh before retreating back to my room.

"Yeah, I have to teach them myself. How about you and the girls hop over and help me demonstrate?" he wiggle his eyebrows. 

"Spare me the STD," I smile sourly before I shut the window and close the curtains, getting back to my friends.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Welcome to my humble abode, ladies" Kevin says as he opens the door for us, revealing a spotless home.

This is actually the first time I went into his house. When we were kids we used to just play outside or in my house and the holiday dinners were always held in our backyards. Those were the fun times, although a fight ended that. It wasn't necessarily a fight, more like a childhood banter that was brought to teenage-hood.

Kevin waves his hand in front of me. "Hai-llo?" I snapped back to reality by his awful wordplay. "What happened there?"

"Memory lane," I shrug. "Those days."

"Oh," was all he replied. Part of me wishes we could go back to before, I don't know what ended things and what brought us to where we were. 

"If you two are going to kiss, just do it then give us $100," Claire shouts from above us. We chuckle and went inside. I went in his room and it's surprisingly clean.

"Where did you hide the maid?" I joke.

"What? You think we have a maid? I could be tidy too y'know," He winks at me.

"Truth or Dare!" Fae suggests putting a bottle on the floor. Did she bring that all the way from the party?

"Again?" I groan. Everyone sat down and got ready, leaving no room for arguments. The bottle spins and lands on Matt.

"Truth, I'm not going to let you guys set me up," Matt answers, leaning on the bed.

"Alright, who among these girls would you sleep with?" Dan asks gesturing to us. 

"Probably Claire and Hailey," Matt continues after a nervous pause, "mostly Claire because I don't have a death wish."

They spun the bottle again and this time it lands on Kevin. The boys whispered among each other before whispering it to Kevin.

"No, that's so wrong," Kevin says, disgusted by the idea.

"Reward is in cash," Dan wiggles his eyebrows. 

"Since when was it alright to exchange someone's dignity for money?"

"Since blackmail was put in the game," Matt adds, sliding his phone over to Kevin, out of all our view. 

"Fine, but if it feels too wrong, I'm backing out," Kevin sits back down. 

"What was the dare?" I whispered while they went on with the game. They spin the bottle again and it lands on Emily. 

"Just some stupid dance," Kevin answers, eager to drop the subject. 

"Dare!" She grins. 

"We dare to wear this blindfold and do one thing we tell you to do."

She snatches the blindfold and puts it on. 

"Kiss this." My eyes widen when John waits and kisses her. Of course, Emily kisses back, she's had a crush on him since forever, making us all cheer at the scene. John takes her blindfold while kissing her and she blushes, pulling away. While Em was still processing what was happening, they spun the bottle again and it lands on Fae. 

"Truth," she answers, making the boys smirk. 

"Who would you go out with out of all of them?" I think I know what they're up to so I asked her first. She gapes at me in disbelief while everyone else laughed at her. 

"I'm not answering that," she shook her head. 

"You get a dare if you don't answer," Claire teases as Fae hides her face in a pillow and mumbles her answer. 

"Dan" 

The boys high-fived and nudged Dan. He was speechless and flushed, obviously, they have a thing for each other or maybe they've already been dating behind our backs. The bottle lands on me next.

"Hit me with that truth question," I laughed.

"What was the reason you and Kevin hated each other?" 

The laughter died down when I couldn't answer the question. My heart thumps and my breathing became ragged.

"Jealousy?" I answered, unsure.

"Explain." Matt forces. 

"There was this girl he might've liked back then and little old me thought it I'd be better off without him and I ended up carrying that until I grew up? It became a bad habit, he slept around, so did I, sorta," I shrugged, ready to drop the subject. 

"So, since you two are pretending to date, you wouldn't care if he fvcked one of your friends?"

"Of course I would care! I can't have one of my friends in his bed getting his nasty diseases or some shxt."

"Keep telling yourself that," Matt pushed. "Who the hell brings some childhood jealousy to adulthood?"

I felt my eyes tear up at how stupid this was making me feel. Instead of punching someone's life out of them, I left the room. I sensed someone follow me, most likely, Kevin. 

It's been a few days since the dare but I felt like I was already growing a soft spot for him. A year back, he and I started kinda talking to each other again, without being at each other's throats. I would be alone at home and I would rest my head out the window. He would open his window and talk to me, but a part of me would always shut him out. Maybe it was paranoia, but it always feels like he's up to something. 

"Kevin, stop following me, please," I warn him, I might end up punching him.

"No, I'm sorry about Matt, I know that he hit a weak spot. Let's just go back inside once you've calmed down. I'll let you beat him into a pulp," Kevin suggests. 

"How about you turn back and stop the dare instead?" I walked out of the house and slammed the door behind me.