Chapter 17 ✓

~Kevin~

I looked at her with a smile even if I was getting the life squeezed out of me. Once the guys got off me and excused themselves into a corner of the room to check their phones, I reached for Hailey's hand. She simply sat down beside me, laying her head on my shoulder while we watched our friends in their own little worlds. 

"So how long has this been going on?" I asked Hailey loudly, making it obvious that we were gossiping about our friends. 

"Since prom," she replies curtly. 

"And when was the last time you got proper sleep?"

"Since before prom," she sighed sadly. 

"Then you need to get proper rest," I whispered but she shakes her head at me. 

"I need to take care of you because no one else can."

"I think the hospital has paid-nurses to do that," I raise a brow at her. 

"Shut up, I want to take care of you," she mumbles and I didn't dare talk back, although she and I are okay now, you never know if she'll choke me out of nowhere. While I looked out the window, Hailey suddenly shuffles beside me, grabbing a Tupperware and handing it to me. 

"Open it," she tells me with a smile. I do as told to find my favorite meal, spaghetti. 

"Is it poisoned?" was the first thing I ask, making her smile fall flat. The others visibly held in their laughter and she glares at them, making them stop and go back to minding their own businesses.

"Fine, if you don't want it, I'll throw it away," she answers in frustration as she reached for the container. I held it away from her with my uninjured hand and laughed. 

"I want it because I'm starving but I can't eat it properly because of," I moved my injured left arm. 

"Last time I checked, your dominant hand was your uninjured one, unless you want me to injure it," she sasses me. 

"I just wanted to be fed by my girlfriend," I pout at her, making her laugh. She grabs a fork and twirls the pasta around it. 

"I'd rather stab you with this," she comments and as I was about to reply, she stuff the food into my mouth, effectively shutting me up. 

"I didn't know you had a weak spot for spaghetti," Dan teases me. "Or maybe you just have a soft spot for being such a big baby around Hailey."

"Spaghetti tastes good, especially when she cooks it," I answer.

"Can we have some?" John laughs, but I know he was serious.

"No can do, I'm starving cause I doubt a sleeping person has been eating," I told him, taking the fork from Hailey before she actually stabs me with it.