Chapter 21 ✓

~Hailey~

I got out of my room ready to go to school, more like ready to go see my lover. 

"Hailey, you'll be home-schooled," my dad's voice rang from behind me. I stop dead on my tracks.

"What?" I said, a little too loud.

"Don't raise your voice at me, Hailey," his voice boomed, almost making me cower but I didn't back down. 

"Don't raise your either! Why can't you and Mr. Scott just combine your business together? That's practically what you were doing anyways. I don't see how you always have to compete with someone who was practically your best friend. Think about it dad, please," I cry.

My dad hugs me. "But our families combined have can't measure up to that other businessman."

"Is money really more important than family?" I plead. He grew quite for a bit before sighing. 

"It's not, I'm sorry, I try to talk to Mr. Scott," he finally answered. 

"Thank you, dad," I gave him a sad smile. 

"And I bet you wouldn't mind if you and Kevin sealed the deal through marriage right?" He joked, but I only felt my cheeks flush at the idea. 

"I already planned to spend the rest of my life with him, although everything has been nothing but bumpy."

"Well then, I hope Mr. Scott listens to the idea or at least loves his family as much."

"I hope so too, dad," I smiled with a renewed sense of hope. 

"I got so drowned in business that I risked family, I knew how much you and Kevin had finally grown closer and I'm sorry to have come in between." We broke apart from the hug and I asked, still clutching my bag. 

"Is Kevin home-schooled?"

"No, and neither are you. Now go, you wouldn't wanna miss the last few weeks before graduation right?" I smiled and left the house. I saw my dad walk out of the house and went next door.

Kevin pulled up in front of me.

"Get in."

I went inside.

"You okay?"

"I thought you were home-schooled?"

"I was able to convince my dad," I grinned. 

"Well I hope he could convince mine."

"I know he can. Trust, babe. Trust." I held his hand while it was on the clutch.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

We arrived at school and he holds my hand. Everyone looks at us. Debbie and Ian stops us from our tracks.

"You guys look perfect. I wanna apologize in behalf of Becca." Debbie tells me, placing her hands on my shoulders before pulling me to a hug. 

"Take care of her dude. We both know she puts up this bad girl façade but she's a nice girl," Ian reminds Kevin.

"Tell Becca that if she ever thinks of hurting Hailey again, she'll get what she deserves." Kevin tells them both.

"We will, she's dead to us too 'cause I know that Hailey is a good person, to me at least." Debbie says.

They move out of the way and we went to our class.

~End~