Chapter 9 ✓

~Hailey~

The next day, Ian guides me to my classroom and reminds me everything he told me last night. This sweet gesture was shattered when I see something that pathetically breaks my heart, to the point that I honestly felt sorry for Ian as well. 

Debbie was pinned and all puckered up against a locker while Kevin was literally kissing the life out of her. So that's where I heard that slam from? 

I laughed to myself, completely forgetting about the wonderful man of a boyfriend I had and left the campus. I know I just got there and I know I had a wonderful night of unraveling with Ian but sometimes, some people stay in your heart and no matter how much you pretend not to want them, your heart will always want them. 

Ever since that day, I couldn't bring myself to go to school. As stupid as it was, I cried even at the simple thought of him kissing someone else. I'm playing hard to get? Sure, we'll call it that. Kevin Scott has a reputation that he proved right in front of me and he and I may have history but that has nothing to do with us when all is lost and forgotten. Now, he's nothing but an annoying fvck boy to me, and I'm just a slvtty party girl to him, we're together but two worlds apart.

I prevented any social interaction during those days of isolation. I was exhausted with trying to be myself around people who will keep judging me and my feelings. I know I can't have both, I only need one and that's Ian, but there's some kind of toxic thing pulling me to Kevin. Maybe my heart is sadistic and defective to want someone who'll just break me.

Kevin must have told my parents about me and my self-house arrest because they called me to scold me about not going to school. I talked my way out of it by saying I was sick and couldn't get up for days, and they let me off but they forced me to eat. 

I got up, losing my balance every once and a while as I made my way downstairs but I must've tripped and rolled down the stairs cause I was suddenly unconscious and was brought back in time.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Gummo Bear, where are you?" I giggled as Kevin looked everywhere for me.

"Gotcha!" He tickles me from behind. 

"Hey! No fair!" I pout at him and he pinches my cheeks telling me it was my turn to seek, but then another girl decides to join us.

"Kevin! Let's play!" She hugs him, making me frown. For the whole day, Kevin didn't play with me or give me any of his attention. As a kid, this ticked me off and before I knew it I had pushed the girl down. 

"Hey! Why did you do that to my friend?" He looks at me angrily while he helped her up. 

"I'll never play with you ever again! I'm better without you anyways," I said, all offended before leaving.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I woke up, holding my head as it throbbed from the pain and looked around. How did I magically end up back in my room after dreaming about some silly kids fighting?

"The idiot is awake," Kevin voice rang from the doorway. 

"This is trespassing," I argued. 

"Did you want me to leave you half-dead at the bottom of the staircase?" he raised his brow as he made his was closer, holding a glass of water. 

"Preferably," I joke, reaching for the water. After he doesn't reply to my half-hearted joke, I spoke up again. "Thanks and I'm sorry for acting up."

"You call that acting up?" He spat, upset about more than just me falling down the staircase. 

"I couldn't risk losing myself over you and your fvck boy ways," I blurt out, unable to contain myself. 

"Losing yourself? Over me? You were never going to give me a chance in the first place so why are you saying all that?"

"I was," I admitted. "I was going to let myself fall for you but all you've been showing me is someone I shouldn't be with," I sighed in frustration. 

"Where did I go wrong? Where did we go wrong?"

"I don't even remember, knocking my head over must've made something click in my head."

"Why? Did you dream up some dumb scenario or something?"

"Or something," I mumbled. "Did I push someone over when we were kids?" I asked, fidgeting with my fingers. 

"So you finally remember," he starts before he explained to me every petty little thing I brought from when we were silly little kids.