Chapter 7 ✓

~Hailey~

I pulled away and slapped him really hard. You didn't think I'd kiss him without anything behind it, right?

He holds his cheek and quickly grabs my hand. "Just in case you try and run again," he says, gripping my wrists with a small smile. All I could do was roll my eyes and look away, until he spoke again. 

"Could we make a deal?" He makes me look at him. "I'll make them stop the dare but you need to talk to me again, you have to stop shutting me out all the time because I'm not psychic, don't expect me to be able to read your mind, deal?" I thought about it and nodded before he dragged me back to the house- his house.

"You'll be sleeping with me tonight, I'll be uneasy letting you stay all alone," he sighs, unlocking the door.

"I'm fine by myself, you worry more than our parents," I pout. 

"Please? The only reason they don't worry is because they think I'm capable of taking care of you," He looks at me with a smug look, making me sigh in defeat. 

"Fine, one less corpse to hide," I shrug entering his house. 

"What did you say?"

"Yes," we were both quiet until we got to his room.

"I'll sleep on the floor since I made you sleep on the floor last time." 

"Can't we just sleep on the bed together?" I suggest nonchalantly. "Don't act so surprised, I know this isn't the first time we slept together."

He was turned away from me but his cheeks still show a hint of red, "You sure?" he asks. 

I simply nod and looked away, making sure he doesn't see my face flush, I know he'll never let me hear the end of it. He lays down beside me and covers us both with the blanket. Why can't he just give me another blanket? Such smol brain.

"Kevin, can we just forget about our past instead? Can we go and see other people and stop whatever this thing between us might be," I mumbled as I stared at the ceiling.

"What?" he says as he sits up.

"Move on. Can you do that for me?" I sat up, facing him. 

"One last thing before we do that?" He holds my face and leans in. My heart goes wild in my rib cage because this feels wrong but it also feels right. I quickly face away, placing my hands on his chest to stop him.

"Kevin, stop, we can't keep doing that to ourselves. We're like cat and mouse, we may get along now but sooner or later, we'll be at each other's throats again," I got up and got my stuff, ready to go and stay in my house like I planned in the first place. We can't be in the same house- same bed without all that sexual and frustrating tension between us. 

I plopped on my bed, still in the dress that Kevin gave me. As I stared out the window, I found myself tracing my lips. It still tingles from that feeling, that soft feeling before I slapped him. What the hell is this intoxicating feeling that Scotty boy has on me?

I know that pain is the only thing that can stop me from hurting even more and as dumb as this is going to sound, I'm gonna tell Debbie to go out with him. 

As for me, maybe I should approach Ian and stop treating him like a fling. He was willing to be with someone like me anyways. 

He stuffed my locker with letters and he even made the teacher's table, a shrine for me. Talk about creepy effort, but from a rich and handsome kid like him? I think girls would die for that kind of attention. 

There were two teddy bears holding a heart that says "Will you be my girlfriend?". Everyone was watching, even the teacher because it's one of those rare exciting school events. Sadly, I said no and he respected that, even if he and I messed around a couple of times after that. Maybe now I should give him a chance as more than just my one call away, at the very least, it'll keep me away from Kevin.