Chapter 3 ✓

~Kevin~

I woke up earlier that Hailey. I feel bad for letting her sleep on the floor, without a blanket, in her own house. There's no other way to sound nice in that sentence, I sound like a full-blown jerk. I lifted her up, careful of not waking her up and laid her on the bed, tucking her with the blanket. I took one last glance before leaving the room. Some girls are absolute angels with their mouths closed.

"Oh good you're awake, son. We'll be leaving the city for a few weeks to months. Mr. Ford and I have a business partnership offer while the ladies just wanted to tag along for a little travel and shopping. Do you guys have anything you want us to bring back for you?"

"Not really, food for Hailey? When are you leaving?"

"Right now so here are the keys to the house and these are for Hailey. We'll get back with treats," He tosses me two sets of keys before walking out of the house with mom and the others. 

"What was that noise?" I hear someone's sleepy voice from behind me. I turn to see Hailey rubbing her eyes. 

"Our parents left-"

"For another business trip? I get the drill, for how long did they say?"

"A few weeks to months," I shrug. 

"That's new, they've never left for that long."

"They leave you alone too?"

"Duh, you parents leave and you expect mine not to tag along?" she forces a laugh. 

I changed the subject because the atmosphere felt lonely. "Should I cook?"

She shook her head. "No, I will, you might burn the house down," She opens the fridge and poked her head in. "What do you want to eat?"

"I'll be fine with anything"

"Spaghetti?"

"Hell yeah!" I couldn't contain my excitement, making her laugh, which is cute, I've gotta admit that. 

"I know that we're both obsessed with spaghetti ever since we were kids, even though I'm more obsessed with gummy bears, but you get the point," we both laugh.

"It reminds me of your nickname," I leaned over before whispering "Gummo Bear."

"Shut up," I raise my hands in defeat, but with a smile on my face, I see a hint of smile on her face as well.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Are you gonna eat or what?" I hear Hailey from the kitchen, making me turn the television off and go to the kitchen, sitting down on the table. "Am I your slave to serve you your spaghetti too?"

I gave her a cold stare, getting up. She sets her plate down and held my arm, making me stop my efforts of getting up. "I was kidding, just sit down."

She rushes to get another plate but trips on the rag by the sink and drops it, falling down with a loud crash. I see her visibly panic and reach for the broken pieces.

"Wait, don't pick it up!" I tell her- a bit too late. She pulled her hand back and hissed. I got up and helped her sit down on one of the island stools. She was quiet as she stares at her wound. Here's one thing about your bad girl, she's afraid of blood. Her eyes were already tearing up and her face was all pale. 

"Hey," I lift her chin up to make her look at me instead. "Where's your first aid kit?"

"In the bathroom," she said with a shaky breath.

I ran to the bathroom and found the kit in the medicine cabinet. I quickly made my way back to her and washed a cloth, using it to wipe the blood off. I looked at her and she has her eyes closed tight, trying to compose herself. I carefully wrap a bandaging cloth on her wound. 

"There, all done, I'll clean up the rest for you. Go ahead and eat without me," She opens her eyes before facing her plate.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

After I was done sweeping the broken plate I sat down and ate, while Hailey looks at me. 

"Is there something on my face?" I asked. 

"Thanks and sorry," She mumbles the last thing, loud enough for me to hear. 

"What? I didn't hear the last part," I gave her an odd look.

"I said sorry," she fumbled in her seat.

"It's fine, I'm just glad you didn't pass out," I smile. "There's a party at the Harps tonight, wanna come?"

"Sure, why not," she finishes her pasta. 

"As my date?"

"Pretend date," she clarifies.

"Yes, pretend date," I chuckle.

"Sure, but I'm going to get wasted and you have to stay sober cause you're the driver, got it?"

"What if I don't want you to get wasted?" I raise a brow at her, crossing my arms.

"That's your problem, not mine," she smirks, clearly taunting me. "You're my boyfriend, aren't you?"

"Yeah, I am"

"Then do your job and let your girlfriend drink while you watch over her"

"Is that what your other boyfriends did?" I pushed. 

"I don't do boyfriends, I do flings, and they just watch me dance and grind around the dance floor. If you want me to do it to you, you have to say please," she grins. 

"I think I'll just get myself some bimbo to dance with, my pretend date wouldn't mind, right?"

"I don't care," she sticks her tongue out at me.