Chapter 20 ✓

~Hailey~

I open my window and knocked on Kevin's, to which he opens up after a few minutes.

"Morning," He smiles.

'Good Morning,' I smile back.

"Did you sleep?"

'Yeah, I might've cried myself to sleep,' I admit, sighing. 

He cups my face and kisses me on the forehead.

"I told you to stop crying, how are you going to keep up with the bad girl act if you always let your thoughts eat you up?"

"I tried but couldn't. Destiny is f*cked up. It's like it's telling me that we are not meant to be."

"We are okay? We just have to wait, don't let it pull you into a dark place."

"Wait? Wait for us to be married to someone else?! No way."

"Shh, I won't let that happen," he hushes as he leaned out more, caressing my cheek. 

"Do you promise?"

"I don't want to make promises, but I'll try my best." He leans in to kiss me but someone burst the door open.

"What have I told the two of you about talking to each other? Stay away from her, this way it won't be so hard to get you married to our future business partner," Mr. Scott shut the window and I hear Kevin shout, talking back to his father. 

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

It was nightfall. I couldn't eat or drink, my appetite was nowhere to be found, just like Kevin. I didn't come out of the room and I had locked the room.

I knocked on the window. No reply.

I knocked again. No reply.

I knocked for the third time. Still no reply.

I hear my phone receive a notification. I checked and saw Kevin's text, I thought he would have his phone confiscated by now. 

"I'm really sorry, Dad moved me in to another room and locked my old room."

"Oh, no wonder I didn't get a response."

"Yeah, I'm sorry, we'll find a way, ok?"

"Its fine, at least you didn't get chained up right?"

"It could be worse, you're right"

"Let's not jinx it"

"Hey hey, we won't, we just have to wait it out and think rationally.."

"You're right :("

"Did you miss me, Babe? ;)"

"You already know the answer to that."

"But I want to hear you say it."

"You will, tomorrow, at school :P"

"Fine, I have to go now 'cause I hear footsteps coming and I have to hide this 2nd phone, I love you <3"

"Goodnight, I love you too."

I placed my phone in the drawer and slept.

~End~