Chapter 42 ✓

A/N

For effect play the song while reading...

It's "Numb" by Roomie and I have to admit it's one of my favorite songs... Enjoy!

~Hailey~

I woke up, not seeing Kevin beside me. I looked around the room and instantly knew where he was. I saw that his jacket wasn't there and that my phone was left in messages. If he was trying to be sneaky with that, he's failing. He's in the observatory. 

I quickly stood up and grabbed my hoodie then ran to the observatory. The door creaked open and I see Kevin holding Dave up.

"Whoa! Dude, I'll leave her alone!" 

"You better! And while you're at it, leave the school too." Kevin, then slams Dave down on the floor. I quickly rushed inside and got in between the two of them. 

"Kevin! What's wrong with you?!"

"Stay away from him, Hailey"

"Can you calm down?"

"I SAID STAY AWAY!" 

"Don't raise your voice at me, Kevin," I warned him. 

"Stop being stubborn, let's go," He mumbles as he drags me away.

"Can you stop being an asshole?" I pry myself from his grasp and he only have me a cold look. "You're acting no different that how Dave was."

"Oh, so you're siding with him now?"

"That's not-"

"Have it your way," he spat at us before leaving with the door slamming behind him. 

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

I moved to Emily's room for a while and it's been days. I was about to go meet with Kevin, to try and have a civil conversation but as if on cue, Vivian steps out of her classroom and gets pulled by Kevin to a kiss.

I try to hold back the tears and pure disbelief. I just found myself running out of the school, as I ran across the street I heard a screech and as swiftly as I could, I looked to the direction it came from. 

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

This is why I shut people out. Why I build up my walls. Why I trap myself in.

Cause... Pain by Love hurts more than Pain by Death...

If you Love... You'll live with that pain and maybe die with it... or die BECAUSE of it.

I'm just tired..

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

Instead of feeling the life-ending pain, I felt a thud from myself. I looked back at the street and saw someone there. An old abuse. My demise. Someone I loath from the past.

"Dave!" I scream.

But it was too late.

The car pushes him far away and his body rolls over multiple times because of the impact. His limp body stayed there. The driver stepped out of the car and slammed the door behind him, snapping me back to my conscience. He dials, as I could assume, 911 and tells them to hurry.

A stream of tears flowed down my face as I kneeled next to Dave, crying over him and begging him to come back. I didn't want anyone to die or get hurt. He holds my cheek and tells me not to cry but I couldn't help it. The panic and sadness all just overwhelmed me at that moment.

A crowd of students surround us.

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

After a few more minutes of hanging on and deafening sobs from me, we hears sirens.

The ambulance is here, Hang on a little longer

He smiles at me as a single tear rolled down his cheek and his eyes slowly shut. His last word killed me deep inside.

He saved me.

Even though we had a bad history, he still had the capability to change. I just wish that his life didn't have to be the price for his sin to me.

"Goodbye..."

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

After mourning for him for weeks, I went back to school.

Kevin approaches me outside of school and apologizes.

I whip my hand back and slapped him across the face. I'm sure that stings.

"You had the past five weeks to approach me! Even before Dave died! It was all your fault! I would blame myself, but I would admit that it would be stupid. Like you! You should have NEVER approached me. Never made me open up. Never talked to me. Never live next to me. Never meet me," I felt all the loneliness and anger pour out of me. 

"I'm-"

"Sorry? Well, I'm not when I say this.."

Gathered up the courage to say it...

"We're over!"

~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~·~

A/n

SO HEY GUYS!!! Finally finished the book... and obviously there would be a book two!

So see you all in that book...

Thanks for the votes and reads...

Bai~

~Scarlet