Chapter 12; rejection & Riley

Chapter 12

I looked through the bathroom cabinets and finally spotted a first aid kid. I bandaged my hand since it wasn't that bad anyways it just hurt but I can handle the pain.

I still had a time to pass before the flight so I went to the front desk to sort everything out since I basically ruined the carpet and the TV. Of course, I had to pay for the damage and I even apologized several times for the mess I had made.

After a little while I took all my things and went to Harry's room so I could tell him that we were leaving. I knocked a few times before the door opened, "huh?"

"we're leaving."

He nodded and went back into his room before he took his things and followed me out of the door. "What happened with your hand?" he suddenly asked. "I-I broke a glass and cut myself," I waved him off and checked out.

I had payed them already when I went to sort things out so I could just give them the keys and leave. The driver was already waiting and I felt Harry's eyes on me almost the whole drive.

We drove straight to the airport and got into my private plane. We sat in silence as the plane was about to take off. I knew I was a bitch and I also know that I should apologize to him but I don't think I will.

I need to focus on my business.

Suddenly, I felt an arm around me. I looked up to see Harry who was already looking down at me. "Harry," I started off with a sigh. "you're an employee. Don't forget that," I said and took his arm away from me.

He looked hurt by the way I rejected him. "You can't tell me that I'm the only one who feels some kind of attraction, can you?"

"There will never be anything between us. You'll do your job and I'll do mine. End of story."

-

The next day at work came in a twinkle of an eye and I found myself sitting in my office whilst trying to get some work done.

I heard a knock and told the person to come in. "Good morning, Miss Jenson," my employee Kim greeted with a little girl placed on her hip. "good morning and what's your name cutie?" I asked the little girl as I approached them.

"I'm Wilee," she giggled and hid her face in her mom's neck. "I wanted to ask if you could watch her for a little?" she asked unsure. "sure," I nodded my head as Kim gave me her daughter and I placed her on my hip.

"listen to Miss Jenson, Riley," Kim warned her daughter before she left my office with a smile. I sat down with little Riley on my lap as she asked, "what happened with your hand?"

"I broke a glass but I'm fine," I assured her as she grinned at me.

"so what should we do now?"

"I wanna sing!" she squealed happily. "and what music should I put on?" I asked her as I went onto spotify on my laptop. "Justin Bieber!"

I nodded and but the music on. She jumped from my lap and started doing weird dance moves. "Louder!" I did as told and joined her after she took my hand and dragged me away from my desk. She screamed loudly to the music making me giggle.

After three songs she got tired and asked if we could draw something. I agreed and placed her on my hip to leave my office so I could get colorful paper and some pencils.

The music was still blasting through my office as we opened the door and immediately, everyone's eyes were on me in shock. "What's your name again?" Riley whispered in my ear. "Zoe," I answered her.