Chapter 24; ridiculous & pictures

Chapter 24

"I- uhm, I-I'm Zoe Jenson. CEO of Jenson Enterprises..."

Anne's jaw hit the ground in shock. "so you're the bitch that Harry was telling me about?"

"Mom! she's not like that. It's been a long time since I had said that," Harry peeped in and defended me from his mother. "but Harry, she has a complete other lifestyle then you. What if she just doesn't want you anymore because you're not wealthy?"

"Mom, stop it. Zoe is not like Harry described her a few months back," Gemma defended me as well. "I don't want Harry to get hurt. What if she fires him if they break up and ruins his career? what if Harry gets all snobby and bitchy if they stay together? Huh?"

I clenched my fists and my knuckles turned white from the pressure. It's better to leave the room or else I would snap and it wouldn't end well. I sprinted up the stairs and got into Harry's room.

Soon, the door opened and instead of Harry, Gemma walked in and closed the door behind her. "I don't want you guys to fight with your mom," I told her honestly as she sat down beside me. "It's just an argument. Mom will come to her senses," Gemma assured me.

I nodded until we heard yelling downstairs. "I don't even know what her problem is. She always wanted Harry to be happy and now that he is, she doesn't approve? I don't get it," she told me and threw her hands up before falling backwards on the bed.

The yelling continued and I just let it be until Gemma jumped up furiously. "I'll be right back, I can't hear this shit anymore." And with that Gemma was gone. I laid down on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I did kinda understand what she means but I wouldn't do that. Harry is to important for me.

Anne liked me before she knew so why does it matter if I have money or not?

I spend good half an hour listening to everything they had to say. I didn't let it get to me though. I looked at the clock and realized that it was already kinda late so I got ready for bed and laid down.

Despite wanting Harry here, I shut my eyes and soon fell asleep without a care.

Harry's POV. (omg!)

"I can't believe you, mom. It's not fair," I shook my head in disappointment.

"You have to understand what I'm implying here. Why can't you see it from my perspective?" she asked and clenched her fists at her side.

"You're being ridiculous!"

"I just don't think she's good for you," My own mother shrugged her shoulders and sat down on the couch. "alright, we'll be gone first thing in the morning," I announced and got up the stairs to comfort Zoe and tell her to pack her things.

Suddenly a hand grabbed my wrist and I turned around to face Gemma. "don't leave, bro," she said sincere. "Mom is being ridiculous and it's not fair for Zoe," I reasoned and even though Gemma knew I was right, she also wanted us to stay and work this out.

"I know, just don't go."

I muttered a simple 'fine' and opened the door to my room to see that Zoe was fast asleep. I got ready for bed myself and slipped under the cover. I wrapped my arms around her sleeping body and pulled her back against my chest before I fell asleep not much later.

-

"No," I groaned as Zoe tried to wriggle out of my grasp. "It's already midday Harry. We cuddled for good two hours now. I'm getting hungry," Zoe said making me chuckle. "aww c'mon only for a few more minutes."

She sighed and cuddled closer to me, making me smile. "I booked our flight for tomorrow at 8pm I believe. We'll be home at 3am, London time, which means around 10pm, New York time," I told her.

She nodded her head and traced the tattoos on my chest.

"okay, let's get ready," I said and we both got out of bed and started getting ready. When we were done after showering and stuff, we walked down the stairs hand in hand and went to the kitchen to see pancakes already on two plates.

We heard footsteps and saw Gemma & Mom walking into the kitchen, I assume Robin was at work. "good morning," my sister said and hugged the both of us from behind.

"good morning," we replied in sync and continued eating. "You slept long, dear," Mom pointed out the obvious and stood in front of us. Zoe didn't seem to mind as she avoided eye contact as well as I did.

"We're leaving tomorrow at around 6pm," I announced, making Gemma and Mom nod. Zoe started some small talk with Gemma as she gushed about how beautiful my sister looked in the clothes Zoe got her yesterday.

"I'm sorry."

My head snapped up to see my Mom looking at the ground, ashamed. "I'm really sorry Zoe. I know you love Harry and I'm grateful that he found someone as amazing as you. I shouldn't have said those things just because you're the CEO of some company. Money doesn't change anything and I feel ashamed of what I said."

Zoe looked at me before she looked back at my mother, "It's okay."

"really?"

Zoe nodded and gulped down her orange juice. "so, everything good?" Gemma grinned as we all nodded. My sister pushed us out of our seats and made us all do a group hug before we sat down in the living room, talking.

I tickled Zoe as she refused to sit next to me just for the hell of it. She looked at me with an evil grin and I tensed knowing that it couldn't be something good at all.

"Anne?" Zoe asked sweetly as she sat between my sister and my mother.

"Yes dear?"

"How about you show me some baby pictures of Harry," Zoe grinned and gave Gemma a low five before my mom chuckled and nodded excitedly. "NO! Mom, sit down. No way you show her some!"

I jumped up and heard Gemma & Zoe laughing as I followed mom to her room. "Please mom!"

She laughed at me and took out a box with pictures. She casually walked past me and sat between Gemma & Zoe to start showing pictures. I sat down on the couch beside Zoe and groaned as Mom started explaining the stories behind the pictures.

"OMG I REMEMBER THAT!" Gemma suddenly yelled as Zoe burst out laughing. My head snapped up in less then a second as I saw a picture with me wearing my mom's bra over my clothes.

"Oh...my...god," Zoe had tears in her eyes from all the laughing. "he looked through the laundry and just randomly pulled out a bra of mine. He didn't knew what that was at first and asked how to put it on," Mom explained laughing.

"Are you done yet?" I asked with my face buried in my hands.

"Not even close, my love," Zoe grinned happily and kissed my cheek swiftly before going back to laughing at all the pictures of a younger me.

________

Hello November 👋🏼 it's my birthday soon wohooo 🙆🏼