Chapter 20; middle finger & batman

Chapter 20

A few weeks later

I rolled myself out of bed and got myself ready for another day at work. After I dressed myself I went downstairs and just knew that Teresa was here because-

"Happy Birthday Zoe!" she screamed and engulfed me into a really tight hug. "24 and already so successful and beautiful," she gushed and pinched my cheeks.

"Thanks Teresa," I said and sat down to eat my breakfast. "I got you a present, you know," she said and handed me a little, wrapped up box. "You didn't have to," I said but she shushed me as she waited impatiently for me to open it.

It was a necklace. I don't usually wear necklaces but she told me to open the charm and I saw a picture with her & me when I was a little kid and on the other side a picture from us again but it was taken recently...maybe about five months ago.

"I love it," I smiled and put it around my neck. I seriously loved it and no one could've given me a better present then her. "I love you, Zoe," she said and pulled me int a hug once again. "I love you, too."

She pulled and stared at me with an irritated look. "What?" I asked confused. "I always say that I love you but you barely say it back. I got used to it and that just took me off guard."

I smiled and felt a bit guilty for not saying at back all those other times. "Well, I love you," I said it again and she teared up, "oh my baby."

"I have to go to work now but I'll see you later," I waved and left.

"Good morning, Miss Jenson and happy birthday," Shawn smiled and opened the door for me. "Thank you, Shawn."

I kinda got used to saying 'thank you' whenever someone does something that I am genuinely thankful off but it throws a lot of people off guard which is just funny to see.

Shawn drove me to my building and I got out to get to my office. No one really knew my birthday. No employee knew and not even Kim, Niall or Harry did so it was basically a normal day.

I passed Kim on the way and talked to her for a few minutes before I went to see Niall as well. It was kind of my routine to greet Kim, Niall and also Harry before I get to my office. Sometimes I'll do it after I placed my things in my office but I didn't brought my laptop since I left it here yesterday.

I went to Harry's office and opened the door to see him sitting behind his desk in thoughts.

His head snapped up as I entered the room and he immediately jumped out of his chair and walked towards me. "hey," I smiled as he pulled me into his chest. "hey," he whispered back and placed a kiss on my lips.

"I see you're working hard," I grinned up at him. "Yea," he nodded his head in confirmation. "well, I'll get going now," I said and stood on my tip toes to press a kiss onto his lips.

"or you could just stay here," he smirked but and I just shook my head laughing and left his office to get to mine.

-

I groaned as I saw that Harry had already left. I worked a little late because I had to fill out some documents so I couldn't see him after work. He didn't even said goodbye.

I left my building and got into the car so Shawn could take me home.

I took the elevator to my penthouse and unlocked the doors before I let myself in. The lights where off, meaning that Teresa wasn't here.

I turned the lights on.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"

I jumped back in fear as they burst out laughing. "assholes," I stuck out my middle finger but Kim looked at me as she shook her head, "innocent ears are present, Zoe."

She pointed to Riley who stuck her middle finger out at Noah. "See what you did!" Kim screeched and picked up Riley to tell her that the middle finger was a bad thing.

I laughed hysterically as I suddenly got pulled into a hug. "I can't keep secrets. Jesus, I had to bite on my lip so hard or else I would've blurred everything out," Niall said as he squeezed me to death.

"Happy Birthday," he added as he pulled away. "Thank you," I grinned, showing my teeth. Harry came up to me and took me off guard by pressing his lips onto mine with force. I kissed back until we heard a loud, "EWW DISGUSTING!"

We pulled away laughing as we saw Niall, hiding behind Teresa. "Happy Birthday, babe," Harry whispered in my ear, making me blush. "Thanks."

Teresa smirked as she just stood there all innocent.

"Well well, if that isn't the women who told everyone that it was my birthday," I crossed my arms over my chest. She looked taken aback, "what? me? I didn't do anything," she held her hands up in surrender.

"weird old lady," I muttered but she heard anyways and started tickling me. "no! no stop! please!" I begged, making her laugh so hard I thought she would collapse.

Kim, Riley & Noah hugged me all as well before Teresa set the table for some cake. "We have presents," Riley whispered in my ear as we all sat down. "you do?" I asked.

She nodded and pointed to the table in the living room where a few boxes where. Some of them having a bright red bow on top. I don't need presents.

I don't want them to spend money on me.

Teresa brought the cake and they started singing Happy Birthday for me which was the cutest thing ever. "Thank you guys. What would I do without you?" he whispered the last part since I really had no idea.

Those people have a huge impact on my life and I really appreciate it.

We ate the cake whilst talking a lot about really anything in this world before Kim screamed that I should open up the presents. "You didn't have to," I said unsure.

"Yes, it's your birthday and we wanted to," Kim said and dragged me to the couch. We all kinda just squeezed on the couch but my couch wasn't that big and Harry decided to lay on it with me between his legs.

Of course, Kim & Teresa squealed happily, making me blush.

Niall & Noah sat on the floor and Riley handed me one present at a time.

"That one first!" Kim exclaimed and pointed to one of the presents. Riley picked it up and gave it to me before I started unwrapping it. I opened the box and heard Harry whistle from behind me.

"How did you know my bra size?" I asked as I saw several bras laying in that box. Typical Kim might I add.

"Well, I asked Teresa and girl you have a good handful of boobs," she winked at me, making me laugh. "Thank you." She nodded her head, waving me off as in saying that it was nothing.

Riley handing me the next present and I opened it to reveal a black batman onesie. "that's so cool. Who got that for me?" I asked and Niall grinned as he pointed at himself. "I have the same one and we can wear it together when we have a sleepover," he said all excited.

"Thank you."

We went on with a few presents and I got a pair of high heels from Teresa and a few clothes from Kim, Noah & Riley, then Niall got me a few nail polishes as well.

"I got you something. I did it myself!" Riley grinned and handed me an envelope. I opened it and saw a picture. I didn't really knew who was who so I just asked her.

"Well, that is me with Justin Bieber on our wedding and those are Mommy & Daddy on their wedding and this is Niall with food and Teresa is that over there hanging out with Niall and those are Harry & you on your wedding," she explained as she pointed to each person on the paper.

I didn't really knew what to say. "Thank you," I smiled at her and kissed her cheek.

"Now it's time for my present," Harry announced from behind me.

__________

I was literally about to sleep when I remembered to update 💤
Also I might not be able...well actually I WON'T be able to update from this Friday to next Friday since I'll be on vacation to Spain (canary islands) but I'll try to remember to update tomorrow :) thanks for reading please vote & comment your thought!