Chapter 28; kisses & hours

Chapter 28

Tears ran down my face as I heard kissing noises from the other end. I was hurt, angry and all I wanted to do was punch him so hard that he would feel the pain I was feeling right now.

He had my trust and stomped on it like it was something that he didn't even care about. He made me feel things I had never experienced but I won't keep up with it.

I left the bathroom with the phone still clasped in my hands as the noises echoed through it. I approached Niall, Kim & Noah with a blank expression but the tears wouldn't stop.

The three of them jumped up from the uncomfortable floor and ran towards me as I held the phone towards them. They looked at me with confused looks but Niall took the phone as soon as he saw the caller ID and held it to his ear.

Niall's expression changed in the matter of a second as he clenched his fists and jaw. His eyes hardened and all I could see was anger. "That fucking bastard!" Niall hang up the phone and pulled Noah aside.

They both whispered something and nodded before coming back. "We're going to get some food. You want something?" Noah asked Kim & I. Kim nodded but I shook my head even though I was hungry but I didn't have the nerves to eat something right now. I don't think they will get food though.

"What even happened?" Kim asked me but I walked past her and sat down on the floor. She asked Noah & Niall who filled her in before leaving. Kim gasped and sat down beside me before she wrapped her arm around my shoulders.

Nurses walked by every now and then but they never took a second glance at me as they casually walked past us. Why can't someone tell me what the hell was going on.

I saw the doctor from earlier and jumped up to ask him. "How is she? Can I see her?" I asked rushing to get an answer out of him. "We aren't quiet sure yet Miss but if we know something I will inform you," he said sincere and patted my shoulder before walking past me.

I sat back down and stared at the intimidating white wall in front of me. Teresa once said I was the reason she was still living happily. I didn't understand her because I didn't go through the grief she had to experience.

She lost her husband and only son about twelve years ago. They got into a car crash and instead of loosing her will to live she moved on and focused on raising me a little different then my parents, behind their backs. Her husband and her didn't want kids at first but someday when they expected it the least, Teresa got pregnant.

She was in her mid thirties as she got pregnant and she didn't think that having a baby was that wonderful at first but she was totally wrong. Instead of giving the baby away, like they first decided to, they wanted to keep it and make it's life as great as they could.

It was a boy and they named him James. According to Teresa, James was a happy little boy and did get into a lot of trouble when he got older but it was never anything serious. Her husband Don & James where on their way to a football game when it happened...James was only twenty-one back then.

Teresa also told me that I met Don & James a few times but I was young so I can't really remember them. I do have a picture with the three of them and me being in James arms when I was around the age of three or four though and I keep it framed in my bedroom.

Even though I don't remember those people I feel a connection. Teresa only became our housekeeper and 24/7 nanny when James & Don died. She never really talks about them but we both know how much she loves them and misses them.

"Hey, you okay?" Kim asked as I continued staring at the wall. I looked at her with a pained expression. "Sorry, stupid question," she apologized awkwardly. "It's okay," I whispered in a raspy voice.