Chapter 22; freezing & okay

Chapter 22

"I swear, I didn't mean that. Well, I did when I first met you but she was exaggerating it and I didn't talked to her about you or work in general for the last few months so I'm sorry that she still has that impression. I'll fill her in. Please say something Zoe...I mean it, I'm so sorry."

I shut him off by placing my hand over his mouth, "okay."

"okay?"

I nodded.

"What does that mean?" he asked irritated. His eyes held my gaze as he looked at me like a lost puppy. "I'm okay with it. It's fine," I filled him in but he still looked at me like I had two heads, "so you're not mad? Like not at all?"

"Jesus Harry, do you want me to yell at you, break up with you and then leave London whilst I will fire you on my way and humiliate you or something when all you did was telling your mother the truth about your boss a few months back?"

He looked taken aback, his mouth opening and closing like a fish. I would've laughed at that but the fact that he thought I would do that hurt me more then him calling me a bitch and my company a hell hole a few months back even though I knew that he didn't mean it because I kinda let him in and let him see the real me.

I could see the shame in his eyes as he seriously had thought that.

He stared at me and didn't even say a single word. I groaned and left Harry's old room where he had poster of random bands taped around the room along with some pictures when he was younger.

I went down the stairs and saw Anne sitting on the couch, reading a book. It was already past midnight so I didn't really know why she was still here. He looked up from her book as she heard me approaching.

"Hey dear, couldn't sleep either?" she asked with a comforting smile. "yea, I slept a lot on the plane ride here also the time difference is just weird," I chuckled as she joined me.

"my son seems really happy. I'm glad that you came along," she grinned and propped her legs up on the couch. "I'm happy that he invited me too. Well, it was my birthday present actually," I smiled at her.

"you really are a lovely young woman."

I thanked her and comfortable silence fell above the two of us. I played with my finger and deep thoughts clouded my mind. I was a little harsh on him, I mean I would've thought the same thing if I was in his position.

I couldn't blame him, could I?

I've always been an emotionless wreck. The pressure I feel with this company is a lot to handle and with Harry being there now it was distracting my work so a month back or something I had to hire another assistant who finished a lot of my work.

Work has always been my first priority since I wanted to prove my parents wrong. They never believed that I could do it but I did and even though I'm barely talking to them I still feel like I need to prove more then I already did.

"Zoe?"

I looked up and saw Harry standing in the doorway. I hummed and saw his mother deeply lost in her book from the corner of my eye. "you coming to bed?" he asked like a five year old boy. It was cute.

I nodded and wished Anne a good night. She looked up from her book and returned the gesture before I walked past Harry to his old room.

Since I already was in my pyjama, I laid under the covers and took in the warmth. The bed dipped, signaling that Harry got into the bed as well. "I'm sorry," he apologized for the millions time.

"let's just forget about it," I suggested and turned my head towards him to see him looking guiltily at me. "so," he dragged out the 'o', "we're good?" he asked hopeful. I nodded and his lips curled up before he wrapped his arms around me and pulled me as close as he possibly could.

"good night, babe."

"good night, Harry."

-

"Oh my god, I can't feel my feet!" I screeched as we entered the house after spending the whole day, walking around London to go sight seeing. Harry just doubled over in laughter as I tried to bring myself back to life.

New York was much colder sometimes but that didn't make it any better that I basically was freezing to death. "Who's stupid idea was that?" I muttered and let out a few curses under my breath.

"Yours."

I looked up at Harry with a scowl. "fuck off."

I ran up the stairs and grabbed my pyjama since I really wanted to take a shower right now...or even better a hot bath. "What are you doing?" Harry asked curiously as he had followed me to the room.

"taking a bath," I shrugged and walked towards the bathroom. I turned the water on and placed my things next to the sink. "can I join?"

I looked at Harry and laughed, "no."

It's not like I didn't wanted him to...but actually I just didn't wanted to embarrass myself or something. "I know you want me to," he smirked and wiggled his eyebrows. Okay, I take everything back. I do want him to.

He took two steps towards me and hence his long legs he was already in front of me. He leaned closer to my ear and whispered, "I bet you do."

Shivers ran down my spine and I really needed to relax after that long day. "I-I...no."

He placed kissed on my neck and jaw. Maybe I could overcome my fear or me being insecure...NO! I can't not right now at least.

"aren't Anne & Robin here anyways?" I asked trying to find a reason to tell him no except for the real reason. "No, they went out remember."

Shit, they did told us that they would come back late. I've always been kinda insecure but I didn't want him to see me naked. He did saw me in my undergarments several times but I'm okay with that as long as I have them on.

"so?" he asked grinning.

"no."

He pouted and an idea popped in my head. I opened my mouth to suggest it but it would be ridiculous. He would laugh at me and then leave the room or something.

"Zoe?"

I hummed and lifted my gaze to look into his eyes. "You okay?" he asked irritated. "Is it okay...if...uhm, if we could wear something?" I asked ashamed that I wasn't really comfortable. "sure, I'll get my shorts and your bikini then?" he asked and I nodded.

That's one thing of the thousands I lov-liked about him...he didn't questioned anything nor did he laughed at the idea or whatever. He was okay with what I wanted and it meant a lot to me.

A few minutes later we were both changed and the tub was filled. Harry got in first and I giggled as he hissed because of the quiet hot water. "damn, it feels like I'm burning alive," he groaned and I agreed as I only put a foot in.

We let some water out and added cold water so it was the perfect warmth. "now come in," Harry grinned and spread his legs with his arms wide open. I got in and sat down between his legs with my back pressed against his chest.

I immediately relaxed as the water reached my chest. harry sank a little deeper so the water almost reached my chin as he wrapped his arms around me. I placed my hands on his and played with his finger.

We enjoyed the comfortable silence and cuddled with each other for quiet a long time. I looked at our hands and laughed, "our hands are so wrinkled it's disgusting."

Harry joined in as I continued laughing.

"I love you."

__________

I have school tomorrow 😭😭😭
I have about nine exams until winter break and tons of homework probably so I won't be able to write I guess :( but I've already prewritten this book and it's completely done since September 7th.

I don't wanna go to school 😭
My first exam will be this Tuesday already and I don't want to fail 😥