t w e n t y - f o u r

i actually hate this story now oh my-
aaron's pov

i could feel the burning sensation in my eyes, the now forming tears. i only nodded my head slowly, feeling the shift of a strand of my hair fall over my face.

terrible. that's all i felt.

i couldn't tell if i was terrible and mad at myself for prying to the point where he had just suddenly snapped, or if i felt terrible for being lashed out on - for not one understandable reason.

"aaron," i gulp, my hands suddenly feeling shaky at the calmer tone of his voice.

"i'll tell you when i can, it's just hard." he said.

i nodded my head.

"babygirl," stop. stop the nicknames.

"here, i'll give you space, here's money for the pizza i probably ruined," he pulled out a twenty dollar bill, placing it on my counter, "i'll see you tomorrow," he quickly pressed a kiss on my forehead before leaving my house.

then, i broke down into tears.

++

i didn't remember the last time i cried. probably yesterday.

again, i felt as if a hole had been cut into my heart.

"god!" i cried out, biting into a slice of leftover pizza, "i feel like shit," i tossed the pizza back down onto the plate, placing a hand over my forehead and leaning back onto the couch, "not even pizza tastes good. what kinda world is this?"

i grumbled, feeling the now rising temperature in my forehead.

"aaron?"

"mom?" i call out, my voice raspy.

"hi, honey." she said, wobbling over, one high heel in and one kicked over by the door, she pulled me into a light hug.

"how's the help centre?" she asks.

"it's good, i guess." she smiled.

"that's good, honey... you know i just want what's best for you, right?" here come the other tears, "i want you to improve, stop getting drunk and high. it hurts me, you know? to have to wake up in the middle of the night, open the front door and see my drunk daughter getting dropped off by her drunk friends."

a tear dripped down her face, "having you so drunk you barley remember me." she sobs and crashes down on my shoulder.

i rub her back, "i'm sorry, mom."

"no, no." she wiped her eyes, pressing a slobbery kiss on my cheek.

"i love you, hon. but don't get wasted again or you will be sent to aunt liza's house!"

my mother, for you.

____