Chapter8

Past...

The lights lit up the whole stadium, you could hear the crowd murmuring, talking and shouting. Cindy pushes through them with popcorn on her arms.

"Move it, shithead" she cursed pushing them back.

"Maybe I should go and give her a hand" Steph tried to stand with a laugh.

"No, no. It would cause more scene" I laugh back.

Cindy finally make it to us and settle down beside me, "I heard the Vikings' QB is hot. He even got his groupies over there"

"Jersy chasers doesn't care what a footballer looks like" I roll my eyes because all they want is to show off that they have been with a football player.

The announcer started announcing that the game is starting soon so we keep our eyes on the field waiting for the players.

As soon as the players start running into the field, we shouted like crazy. I scream "Logan" from the top of my voice as I spot him running out with the team. I haven't seen him play but I know that he have work hard so I hope it will pay off. Logan scan the crowd and look our side as we told him where we will be sitting.

When he spot us, he grins widely before waving at us, Cin and I wave back virgolously making Steph laugh beside us.

I look the other team and spot a guy, grinning and winking here and there. I'm guessing he's the QB immediately. Cin was right. He is hot. But I wonder if he is beautiful on the inside too. Will he cheat-

"Hey, snap out of whatever the hell you were thinking and enjoy" Cindy punches me hard on my arms.

"Oww. What?"

"You look like you were about to get all emotional and shit" she roll her eyes.

"I don't" I mumbled.

I knew she was right, some part of me can't get over the whole scandal. But I decided to shove that aside and concentrate on the game.

I see that the coach bench Logan making me scowl. But the athlete in me knew better that the coach won't take risk in letting the newbie going out on first Quarter. Maybe he will go out on 2nd.

-After 2nd Quarter-

We were tired already from shouting. The team were not doing good today. Its 9-21 already. We are way behind. All points we got are from field goal. And coach haven't even let Logan played yet.

The payers seem down and beat up as they sit down trying to cool their body temperature.

Jack was hit badly during 2nd Quarter. As mean as it sounds, I wish he wouldn't be able to continue today so that Logan can prove himself. Plus, I'll be killing two birds with one stone-Jake got hurt(psh, he deserve it) then Logan got to play. He had been working so hard so he definitely deserve a chance. Jake had always been the only QB coach really use. The only time Jake got benched is when he got hurt that's why I know it will be a difficult choice for coach. I see Logan and him talking, more like shouting at each other, waving their hands about. The coach was sighing. I think I know what was up.

I was feeling giddy when Logan follows the team when the game starts again. Some people were cheering the newbie and we were one of them while the ones who didn't weren't sure if its the right decision.

The game starts again and I jumped up and down when Logan did a neat trick of fooling the opponent. I don't understand what the fuck is going on but it seems like a good move as the crowd cheers on.

As the game continues, coach looks proud of Logan as he never failed to catch the ball and threw at right spots which Jake miss a few times before Logan.