Chapter 34

I clutch my purse closer to me on my way down the elevator. I listen to my mom me on the phone,

"I am so proud of you, Anna"

"Thanks mom" I mumble, not exactly giddy talking to her. I am sure it's my brothers who ask her to give me a call.

Today was the meet and after 2 hour programme, I am finally on my way home.

It was beneficial for me because I get to talk to my favourite coach- Ryan Reid, I want to join his team badly when I graduate. He told me he watched me play and he was pretty impressed. I hope he is impressed enough to sign me up later. I had few other people who told me they want contract with me but it is only McGee's team I want it. I am in a pretty good position now.

"Have your dad-"

"Mom" I snapped, "I don't wanna hear it"

I hear her sigh on the other line, "Sorry, Anna. I understand why but he's still your dad. Your family"

I laugh humourlessly, "Of course he is"

"Anna-"

"Mom, I gotta go. I almost arrived the ground floor" I really don't want to hear about that him.

"Okay, sweetie, call me when you are free"

"Sure. Goodnight mom"

"Goodnight"

Then I hang up,

I check the messages I got for the last time.

Reading them again, the ones from my brothers. I can't help but grin at what they wrote.

Then I see another one from Alicia, four days has passed since her accident and fortunately she is doing pretty well now. She's still in the hospital becaus she hasn't fully recover so I visited her just this moring too.

I texted back a thanks before checking the time.

9:27 pm shit. I guess I'll take a cab. I really should keep my car with me. My brother gave me one few years ago but I don't feel like driving around with all the traffic and thinking of parking places when I go out so I leave at Mark's garage.

I scroll through the messages again as I am not fully satisfied, wanting to see one from a particular someone.

Disappointed, I childishly switch off my phone and put it in my purse.

As I stare at my reflection in front of me, a sense of loneliness creep up my mind. I shook my head. I won't allow myself to feel them. I'm not a kid who can't control her emotions anymore.

As we reach the ground floor, the elevator opens and I got out, half exausted, half sulking.

I waved back at people who were greeting me before I got out of the main exit.

The sight in front of me makes me froze in the doorway,

Then, I exhaled as I felt some sort of relief. He's here.

Logan

He was leaning against a pole. He was dressed in a pair of dark designer jeans and a light grey button-down shirt that fit his tall, muscular body to perfection. He has a cap on as if it's a disguise that would keep from people noticing him but doesn't hide the fact that he's so stunning, looking like a dark angel. His eyes fixed on me and lips cured in a slight smile. He payed no attention to people who walk by, pointing and whisper to each other as they knew who Logan was.

He straighten up and walks toward me, still holding me with his gaze. He walks leisurely. Calmly. He's completely sure of himself. And why not? He's hot and he knows it.