Chapter23

I was humming Ed Shareen's Perfect with a smile as I tied my hair up to a ponytail. And looking at my dress one last time before I head out. I don't why images Logan keeps flashing up my head. I just saw him last night. It started by me trying to sleep but tossing and turning in annoyance, I couldn't sleep. Again. And seems like neither can he. He ended up driving to my home, we hang out and fool around then he reluctantly went home. Letting him stay was not an option, we both act as if we are a fix for each other. That's not healthy.

I shook my head and decide to live in the present. College soccer meet was near and today is the day the coach choose representatives. The player with highest point will be chosen. This year, I got that point so everyone knows that I will be going. It is a great thing as it will be a chance for me to get noticed by club owners and more sponsors.

As I went out, I remember that today is also the day that frat houses are holding charity event. I am planning to go as soon as I finish meeting with the team.

I groan as I reach the campus because it was so crowded, even if I expected it. I will see familiar faces calling me over, small chats etc I don't have time for that so I decided to round the building from the side. I walk the empty path leading to the locker room but just as I take another turn on the side if the building, I hear voices. Two.

Probably couples, I grasp that they were fighting. Well, like this is not awkward at all. Why did they have to fight on the middle of the path. Maybe I'll look straight away and walk by them as fast as I could.

But, something stop me in my track. I recognize that voice.

Jacob and now that I think about it, the other belongs to Mary. I was right as they came up to my view

"-stuck in this place! I don't even care what you have to say, I'm just sick of it!" she shouts.

"Calm the fuck down and don't put any blame on me"

"Really" Mary scoffed, "Let's see how far you can take this, Jacob. And you better make up your damn mind" and she walks away.

Jacob ran his fingers through his hair. He always did that when he was lost and frustrated.  As I was busy recalling it, he turn around and saw me.

His expression changed to anger, "What the fuck are you staring at" he hissed making me scoffed.

"Well, I thought by now you'd know the world doesn't revolve around you as much as you want to buddy"

"What?"

"Still confused" I shook my head, "You don't want people seeing you fight, take it inside and not on the middle of path that belongs to all" I snap.

His eyes widen at realization. I jutted my chin up, stare straight ahead, walking by him as if he wasn't there. But, he stopped me by grabbing my arm.

"Look, I'm just having a bad day, sorry. I shouldn't have taken it out on you"

Wait, whaaa

I turn to face him to check if it was really him and yup, he is. Though he talk weird. I try to say something sarcastic but I remember I was the one who call for truce at the last party we were together. Maybe that's why he was acting nice. I was trying to get into his head and crush him. Remember all the plans I made due to him.

I fake a smile, "It's okay now. Everyone has bad days. That was Mary?"

"Yeah"

"Boy she was mad"

He give me a hollow laugh, "He want a PERFECT boyfriend since she's so perfect. It's easy really. I just need to switch that part on"

"She'll come around but have you ever wonder if it's your fault too?"