Chapter 12

I took at a glance at Logan from the corner of my eyes from time to time but seeing him act normally makes me feel...kinda disappointed I guess.

But, it's my fault. I shouldn't have expected anything. He is my best friend and he cares for me as that. Nothing more.

Expectation leads to disappointment. I chanted silently. I was reading too much into it. I will get hurt again at this rate. I need to put my guards up.

"You ready?" He ask me again with a grin when we reach the door of the cafeteria.

I nod blindly and almost pulled my hands back when he grabs it.

"Sorry" I mumbled then we enter.

People turn their heads as soon they we enter, usually they would get back to their food while the popular kids call Logan to sit with them.

But, today it was silent and their eyes linger on our hands clasped together.

I can't help but scan through the room for Jake.

Then, I saw him. He was glaring at Logan and mine's hand while Mary was glaring at me.

They definitely get the message.

Logan led us to our table where Emily and her friends were already sitting. They were staring at us curiously too as we sit down.

"Hey guys" I greet them.

"You guys are dating or hooking up?" Taylor, the pretty petite blonde with hazel eyes ask quickly. She is the kind of girl who have no filter and get straight to the point.

"Taylor" Caroline gave Taylor a pointed look. Caroline is the gorgeous tall girl with waist length wavy brown hair and light brow eyes.

"Probably hooking up" Nicky scowled. She's also a cute, tall, red head with green eyes. Nicky kinda have a crush on Logan so she always had that attitude towards me.

"You are just jealous" Emily rolled her eyes then turn to me, "So you two finally dating?"

I haven't thought of this situation. What to tell them. Should I tell them the truth? But if Nicky knows the truth, she will find a way to leak it out and it would not be fair for Em to ask her to keep a secret from one of her bestie. If I tell them we are dating, what will Logan think?

I took a glance at him to find out that Logan was already studying my reaction. I give him a pleading look. What I plead for I had no idea.

"Yea, we are dating" Logan shrugged making me let out a breath in relief.

"Yes! I knew it! About time" Taylor hollered.

"Damn someone's not happy" Emily said as she take a quick look at Jake.

"You owe me $50" Taylor said to Caroline.

"Okok" Caroline muttered.

"You guys were betting on us" I narrowed my eyes at Tay.

Tay waved a hand in front of her, "You guys were always eye fucking anyway. I knew it was going to happen" she said.

I feel my cheeks heated up and was about to protest but Logan squeezed my hand.

I look at him to see him smirking and look kinda smug.

I narrowed my eyes on him. But I knew if I protest, they will not buy our dating story so I keep my mouth shut and drink up water hoping it would cool me down.

"Now you can finally prove the rumors wrong" Em smiled at me.

Logan scowled then lean down to kiss ma cheek real quick before he starts eating.