Chapter 33

Jacob look up with a sad smile as I enter Alicia's room but his smile fade when he look behind me and saw Logan who enter behind me.

I couldn't care about it as I was studying Alicia who lying on the bed.

She look pale and there was a cast on her arm. The machine making low noices and blood supplied to her.

I walk over to Jake,

"How is she?" I ask without taking my eyes off her.

"She broke a rib and an arm. Doctor gave anesthesia for the pain. Fortunately, she only got bruises and scrapes on other parts of her body"

"Thank God" I breath then walk over to her.

I reach out and carefully put my hands on top of her good hand.

"You'll be okay, Ali. You are strong" I force myself to smile.

After a few minutes of silence, Jake got up, "I am going to get some air" and walk out.

I got an idea to why Jake's the only one being here for Alicia. I need to ask him what really happened.

I don't hesitate when I follow Jake, Logan was still stading casually by the doorway. I couldn't meet his eyes even when he wouldn't make way for me. I just turn my body to the side and got out.

As I follow Jake along the corridors, he sit down on the long chair placed near the steps so I copied him.

"What about you?"

"What" he retorts,

"Are you okay?"

"Feel fucking perfect" he said sarcastically.

"What happened, Jacob. I need to know, she texted me everyday yet didn't yesterday, now this happens"

"She had a fight with Richard"

Richard is Jacob's alcoholic dad. Alicia is his niece. When Alicia's parents died due to plane crash, he took her in and became a second father. Sadly, he isn't a good one.

I blinked, "Really?"

He chuckles, "Anna there's something you don't know. Richard's not only an alcoholic but...but an abuser"

I took in huge amount of air, "So h-he abused you? Wait, you two?"

"When we were younger, yes"

"Oh no. I am so sorry you have to go through it!" I feel genuinely sorry for him. "Did he...touch you-"

"No he doesn't"

I nod.

"He hurted Alicia too" his voice shook,

"It's okay, you don't have to talk about it"

He shook his head, "No I fucking need to let it out for once. I was too scared to protect her. Too fucking weak" He sound murderous and slammed his hands on the seat.

Right now I am not seeing the cheating whore, I see a kid who was unfortunate enough to get a useless father. No kid deserve it. I truly feel sorry for him.

"Listen to me Jacob. You were just a little kid, how could you ever overpower him besides you should not even be in a position to protect yourself from anyone. It's that asshole's fault"

I honestly want to choke the shit out of his father and sees if he like receiving pain.

Jake look at me weirdly, as if seeking peace, wanting to believe me. I might want revenge but this is not the way to get him. I won't stoop that low so I change subject to cut off whatever he feels,

"So how did he and Alicia get to meet again?"

"I went to her aparment but I already hear them fighting from outside, seems like he had the nerve to visit her. As soon as I got in, she ran out as if...as if she couldn't stand it. Us. Next thing I know this happen. You know he doesn't even want to come over to the hospital saying right away he won't be paying the bills"

That got me heated up more, "That fucking ass. If you decide to kill him? I won't tell anyone"

I see a small smile forming on his face, his eyes look distress yet that smile was genuine.

"He could have at least make an appearance because you and sadly him are the only relative she has now. I would have gladly pay the bills if he is so hesitant too!"

Jacob chuckles so I look at him, "What?"

He smile at me, "This is so you. Being so dedicated to people you care for. Sharing their happiness as well as pains as if your own. Always a strong rock"

I just smile back at him awkwardly.

"I'm glad we talked again"

I feel so bad that I have to force myself a lie , "Me too"

After a moment of silence, he blurted out, "Do you remember when I asked you out?"

"I do" I  grin, "You were one hell of a dramatic guy"

"Hey! It was called being romantic"

I shook my head with a smile.

"I remember you being the hot fresher who plays soccer, every guy wanted you, talked about you"

before you turned them against me, "-I had to find a special way to get you and show you I am different"

"You were persistant as hell"

"That I am" he grins, "I always get what I want"

And I was stupid to give it to you

"You did" I sigh, "You asked me in front of the whole students after your game. Cheesy as hell"

"But you secretly love it"

"Seems like I was"

"It's the song isn't it?"

"Hell no! You played Justin Bieber's  Baby!" I shudder. What makes me acrually agree was his effort.

We both laugh;

We sit comfortably in silence again. Comfortable?

Don't tell me I got second thoughts.....

No no. That can't be. He told me sad part of his life, open up and I soften up?

His life doesn't have anything to do with the way he had treated me. The lies, the cyber bull and those crap.

Then, there's Logan. My heart ache just thinking about him because I now realized the whole fwb thing is shit.

I can't spend any more time with Logan, I am starting to go crazy, I am so close to breaking.

That hardens me up.

I took one look at Jacob, he was having a soft peaceful look while starting at the wall in front of him.

I am sorry Jacob but you are going down. I don't these these complicated feelings in my life.

________________________________________

A/N: This chapter took me long-_- I know it is SUPER short but the "long" comment is due to the fact that I was trying so hard to find a way to cut the chapter/end the chapter.

I put some scenes, cut, add then finally cut again. Just can't get satisfied.

So yeah, this chap is short coz I put 2nd part in next chapter as it won't have awkward ending then:) Hope you all understand.

I know I didn't update last week and my wattpad app is getting weird on me. I can't even load converstation on my wall to notify you guys. Even have trouble publishing. Have to use browser.

But I am bringing you two chapters today:) Enjoy. Second one very long.