Chapter 37

"Wow this is it?" Cindy ask me as I put away my bags inside the room she showed me.

"Yeah this is it and again Cindy, thank you so much. I'll be out in a few days"

"Meh. You can stay here as long as you want"

"And being the third wheel and to watch your PDA 24/7? No thanks" I tease and she laughs.

I tried joining her to lighten up the mood but I just can't. I just pull up the corner of my mouth to form a smile but no, it was dead.

Her smile fell too when she saw mine, "Hey, what's done is done. And that bastard ask for it. I would have beat his ass up if you had allowed me"

"I know you would Cin"

"Does Logan knows?"

"What?"

"Uh you moving here. Cause I am pretty sure he would object. Am just shocked he let you leave"

"Why would he keep me. We were together for a deal. Now my work is done and there's no need for us to stay like that anymore"

"Anna..."

"I think I would take a quick nap if you don't mind"

Getting that I don't want to talk about it, she nods, "Sure. I put spare keys over there for you to keep"

"Okay" I said and she close the door behind her as she walks out.

I walk to the bed and lie down, again thinking about everything.

I left while Logan was practicing his football match knowing he would somehow get me to change my mind and make me stay if I go while he's there. Maybe he doesn't notice at all that I'm gone. Or maybe he does and happy that he isn't the one who ends it.

I close my eyes and fall asleep a few minutes later.

...............................................................................

I woke up to constant vibrating of my phone.

I reach and look at the screen to see it was Logan.

I debated whether I should take it or not but in the end decide that I should act casual and take it.

"Anna" he growls on the other line even before I said hello.

"Hello Logan"

"Where the fuck are you?" I can tell by the sound of his voice that he is pacing restlessly, "And what the fuck you are doing?"

"Uhh. I decide to stay with Cindy"

"Is that fucker there?" he growls.

"Uh...who?"

"That little shit Stephen. He must be so fucking happy to stay in same place as you again" he says bitterly, "He better not get any idea"

"That was so mean!" I snap, "He's innocent. You can't take it out on him and what if he's here? You think I will sneak in his room at night and fuck him? Huh?"

"Anna" he growls and I hear crashing sound at his end before he continues in a tortured voice, "Don't. Don't torture me like that. You know how it drives me nuts"

"No" I sigh, "It's only Cindy, Rose and Me"

It was quiet for a few seconds. He let out a frustrated sound before he said, "Come to the party tonight"

"I don't know..."

"I need you" he rasp out. "Baby I fucking need to see you. You know that"

My heart jumped at that, I just couldn't find the will to argue. And I need to see him too. I need to see him one last time.