Chapter 35

I can't believe I am back to this place again. My hands were shaking so bad from all the memories- good and bad I had from here that I had to hide them in my pocket.

"Why are you just standing there. This was basically your second home" Jacob laughs and motion me to sit near him on the couch.

The place where he was fucking Mary.

"I hope you have sanitised it" I mutter

"What?"

"Nevermind" I fake a smile taking out my pc.

"I'll go and make us something to eat while we work. Wait a minute " he says getting up and walking towards the kitchen.

He came back a few minutes with a tray filled with my favourite snacks that I had to bite the inside of my cheeks to stop myself from saying that he ain't winning me back but this exactly what I want. I am closer to my goals.

"You remember"

"How can I forget" he smile back softly, "The restaurant I tried taking you was closed on our first date so we had to buy these stuffs and eat on a bench nearby"

"Thank you" I said casually and grab some while working on our project.

Me playing it suddenly cool was a way to toy with him a bit and it works by the way he studies my face with a confused look.

I look up at him with a frown asking him "what?"

"Nothing" he mutters

I shrug and look ahead, stop when I see Xbox.

"Oh, you bought it"

He rubbed the back of his neck as if embarrassed as he said, "Yeah"

I only nod because it was awkward as hell to remember that day.

"I got your favourite game. Want to play?"

"We need to work"

"Come on Annabelle! Don't be boring"

I glare at him, "Don't cry when you lose" and race to the Xbox.

......................................................................

"Come on!" he blink up the screen and hands up in defeat while I was laughing in joy.

"I swear this shit is on your side!"

"Nah you just suck" I smirk, "Ready to cry?"

He bit the inside of his cheeks before his face light up, "You know I let you win right? I was just kidding"

He looked so serious that I gasp in disbelief, "Are you serious" I growl

"Yeah, you work too hard, I want you to let go that's why I play with you and make you win"

"Oh no you don't" my face heats up in annoyance, "Take that back"

"Nuh uh"

"Uh huh!" I punch his bicep lightly,

"Still doesn't change"

I hit him harder this time, harder than I am suppose to and maybe on purpose, when he raised his arm, I thought he'd hit back but he change his direction to tickle my side, making me squeal out,

"No!" I gasp out, "Stop!" he laughed and continued. I wrestled his hands and somehow we rolled on the floor till our laughter died down.

He lies beside me while we both stare at the ceiling quietly. It makes me think back of all the good times we had, times like this, times where he doesn't have to pretend for the world. I wonder if he's thinking the same thing.I turn to look at him only to see that he was already looking at me. He let his guard down, making himself vulnerable, showing me the sadness, longing, want all there.