1. News

Chapter 1 :

News

|

|

Time. This is something that no teenager has enough. Some of them studies for better grades, some of them has to deal with problems, and some of them goes for work to have enough money to feed the family. Well, I was never one of these. I always had time to party, go hang out and to just have fun. We're young only once, aren't we?

Some of the girls are even more busier trying to find their perfect selves so all the boys will have crushes on them. I am not one of those, either. Because so it turns out like the men are more important that woman. Why? Than god wouldn't create me. You know how it's in the art, at first piffle, and then masterpiece. Just like there was created man, and then woman. The world doesn't revolve around boys, so why does the boy's approvement mean a world?

There are some rare girls like me that always hangs out with boys. I'm not saying I'm not friends with girls, I just avoid staying alone with them. It's just less drama, that's it. High school girls are beasts. Why is it so important that your crush doesn't like you? Fuck it and move on. "Bestie" betrayed you? Betray her back. Family problems? You're still a teenager, leave all the problems to adults. Is it so hard? I don't think so. Because this is what I am.

Well, at least this is what I was. Because the last night my mother spotted me with my friends smoking. First try, I promise. Okay, maybe second. Fine, it was the third time, I swear. So, tonight after school we're gonna have a family dinner. On the last family dinner my dad and I swore on each other, and mother slapped me. That was the day they found out I lied when I said I was gonna stay to Lucy, going to the party instead.

It's not like I do such things everyday or every weekend. No more than twice a month, really. But every time there's something they don't like, it turns out to be a catastrophe. Take the party for an example. I lied, I understand. But they thought I lost my virginity in there for months, before I agreed on showing to the Doctor. All I did was drinking a couple of drops and dancing.

Once, they saw me kissing with my boyfriend in my living room. Nothing special, just a regular kiss. And I was guarded for two weeks.

My teacher says that as much as you keep pushing on a teenager, as much she or he will push back. Sometimes it happens even without realizing it. When you keep them away from not-so-bad things, they turn out to do terrible things. I think this is what happened with me.

If I mention this to my parents, they'll say I'm telling tales. If a psychologist tells them this, they'll believe. It's just that our parents do never trust us enough. They don't trust us when we say it was a mistake, we're sorry and we'll never repeat it again. They don't believe and guard us. This makes us angry and we push back, having the wish to risk and make something worse. It's because all of us teenagers are hard-headed. We want it and when parents ban something lighter, we can't resist darker.

Because the truth is, we're all mad here. Of course, there are those other ones, who are so unlucky they never ever go mad, as my favourite writer says. Staying normal in this crazy world is just unreal. Although, this is what parents expect from us. They want us to be perfect, making no mistakes. They don't understand that mistakes are the only things we can learn from. The minute you stop making mistakes is the minute you stop learning.

Okay, let's stop this talk for a second and just jump to the part when my best friend Billy drove me home from school.

"See you tomorrow," he said, looking up at me from the driver's seat as I exited the car.

"If I'm lucky enough," I said, slamming the door shut and entering the three-floored house. "Mom? I'm home!" I called out.

"Come here," I heard dad's serious voice coming from the dining room. Strange, because he has to be on work. Something very bad is going on here.