19. Sabrina

Chapter 19 :

Sabrina

|

|

Nina, Ellie and I were sitting on a dark brown leather couch near the window. It looked like it has survived centuries, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was true. Outside I could vividly see two girls walking by and chatting as a bird flew just an inch above their heads; they haven't even noticed.

We were on the first floor and having the windows open, we were waiting for Nina's mysterious friend to finally arrive.

Yesterday, I couldn't believe them when they told me about Sabrina, the girl who got trapped in the mental asylum for thinking we were all demons after a small chat with the principal, right after her relationship with the boy from the other side was discovered.

In some mysterious ways, she has escaped the asylum and called out for Nina from this exact same window a week ago, when Ellie and her were sitting on this exact same couch. Sabrina told them that her history was repeating, and that the protagonists of this history would suffer a lot. It creeped me out, to be honest. Sure, she was mentally damaged and all, but somehow a week ago she knew that someone in this academy were breaking rules of dating. Were all mentally damaged people psychics? I doubt it.

After her first visit, they were leaving a note under a rock that laid close to this window on the outside, just like Sabrina told them to, and she'd come everytime they did so. So now, having a date with a psychic that went mad, we were waiting for her to arrive.

Sabrina also told the girls that this 'history repeating couple' would end bad, which intrigued me enough to sit here waiting for already 40 minutes.

"Psst," we heard from the two-doored window, "Psst..."

Looking out, I saw a girl my age. Her black hair was scattered around her head like a nest of a bird, her wide, hazel eyes showing fear and a little bit of wisdom, her asylum clothes worn out.

All of our three heads were stuck out of the window in a second, as Sabrina spoke with her index finger pointing towards me, "Who are you?"

I cleared my throat, "I'm Zoe Millery. I'm a friend."

"I'm not mad," she hissed, "Don't talk to me like to a three-headed dog."

"Sorry," I replied, "I heard you talked about your repeating history."

Her eyes grew even wider than before, flashing with realization, "It's you! You found your soulmate!"

Now my eyes go wide, "My what?"

"Your soulmate!" she said, "We all have one, but not everyone finds them."

"Can you please explain?"

"All of the Lestrade Academy girls have soulmates from Lestrade Academy boys. It feels complete around him, isn't it?"

I frowned, "Yea, so what?"

"So that this will kill you!"

"What will kill me?"

"Ohh, it's already killing you..." she said cautiously with fear in her eyes as she backed out from the window.

"No, wait!" I called out, but she turned around and ran away as fast as her short legs would take her.

I guess I wouldn't be taking any more information from Sabrina Hughes today.

I looked over at Nina and Ellie, who were already staring at me wide-eyed.

"What did she... What she meant... What did she mean?" I finally choke out.