27. Mess

Chapter 27 :

Mess

|

|

We came back to the study as promised. Matthew opened the door that we knocked at and led us in. The study looked normal, except there was a hidden door behind the huge picture open. Inside we found the darkened room; so dark we only saw the circle that was full with yellow candles. Mrs. Shoo and Mr. Rockets sat next to each other and Matthew sat down next to them, gesturing for us to do the same. We sat down next to each other in Indian fashion and held hands, as told.

"What now?" I asked, sighing and mentally getting ready.

"Now you should meditate," said Mr. Rockets, "You'll feel a tingling sensation inside your chest and bellybutton. When the tingling sensation goes away, you'll be ready, but it might take long."

"How long?" Nick asked.

"Maybe a few minutes and maybe a few couple of hours."

We exchanged glances, hoping it to be few minutes. We sat without moving and clearing our mind for almost an hour and I haven't felt anything.

"Maybe there's something else we should do, like thing about something in particular," I said at last, opening my eyes.

They shook their heads and Mrs. Shoo spoke, "No, but since you're the Stir Couple it should've happened a while ago."

"Maybe it happened, but we didn't notice," Nick said.

"Doubt it," answered Mrs. Shoo and waved her fingers on top of the candles. The flames rose up and made a beautiful abstract pattern before calming back down, "Repeat."

I held out my palm skeptically, closing my eyes waving my fingers carefreely. Even if we had powers, I wouldn't be able to use them so soon, especially with control. Wasn't it something that took years to take control over? At least that's what they say in TV, although nobody has ever said anything about Silvas from Thella. How do they stay so invisible, anyways? Vampires and werewolves are the top trends while something that actually exists is left undiscovered.

I felt a light burning sensation on my palm, not strong enough to ache, but still a sensation - probably put my hand too close to the candles.

Opening my eyes wide, I tried to register in my mind what was happening. Thin flames were going halfway to the ceiling, dancing and spinning in different directions, making the sight more beautiful than anything I've ever seen. Red, yellow and orange exchanged each other in the flames as they looked like they were completely alive. They looked like souls that were seperated from their body, searching for the road back.

"Did I do that?" I said, still holding my hand in the same place. Flames went all around my hand and up so it was left harmless.

Tearing my gaze off of the flames I looked through them to see the faces of the adults that sat opposite to us. All the three of them nodded in amazement. I looked over at Nick to see his confused and surprised face.

"How did you do that?" he asked in amazement.

I shrugged, wondering myself. Experimenting, I waved my hand up and down and the flames followed me, dancing up and down. I balled my hand into a fist and put it down as the flames stopped.

"Try," I told Nick, sounding more like asking a question.

He stretched out his hand and waved his fingers. The flames rose once more and stopped under his hand. He waved his hand up and the flames stood up powerfully, reaching the ceiling and almost making a fire. Nick slowly made them calm down before dissapearing slowly and all the candles went dark.