11. Cling

Chapter 11 :

Cling

|

|

"I was nervous someome would come in and spot us all the time!"

I laughed at her before offering to go to bed for tonight, and going upstairs yawning all the time.

A terrible noise woke me up. Sitting up, I looked to the window, seeing it was still dark outside. I glanced over at my nightstand clock to see it was 3:25.

There is that noise, again. It sounded like something very huge - like a building - just fell down on the ground outside. I had a phobia of loud noises since I was a kid, so I brought my knees closer to my chest, hugging them and hissing, "Nina! Nina!"

"What?" she asked, sitting up, too along with Ellie.

"What's happening?" I asked her, my eyes getting used to the darkness so now I could see her properly.

"I don't know," she replied and that noise sounded again.

I slowly stood up, getting closer to the window and looking out as I called the two of them to come and see, too. There was a dim everywhere, it was really difficult to see anything. But besides from that, everything was normal.

We opened our door, glancing outside and seeing all the girls quietly talking there. You could hear the words "What the hell?" "I've never heard anything like that," and "I hope we live" a lot.

Suddenly, Martha went to our floor, calming us down, "Keep calm, ladies, don't panic. It's just a restavration going on in the mediatheque!"

"Why does mediatheque need a restavration?" I asked, getting closer to her.

"If you went back to Academy for at least an hour for the whole day long, you'd know. Someone destroyed the whole mediatheque. Walls were half broken, half burnt down. The flame even reached the ceiling. Nothing survived."

"Why would someone do that?" I asked in disbelief.

"I don't know," she replied sternly, sending us back to our rooms.

The noise woke me up three more times at night, not letting me rest properly. In the morning I woke up with a huge blue bags under my eyes and a very tired look.

"I couldn't sleep the whole night," I.mumbled as I turned the alarm off, going to the bathroom. I put piles of concealer on to hide my blue bags and went to school.

I saw Clary waiting for me in front of my locker, digging in her phone.

"Hey," I said as I approached her, opening my locker.

"Hey, what's up? You look tired," she said, sending her phone to her jeans' back pocket.

"Have you heard that noise at night? Martha said-"

"I know," she cut me off, "I was there."

"I am so interested who the hell could do that!"

"I didn't actually believe her," Clary suddenly said, making me stare up at her.

"Why?"

"I don't know, she sounded uncertain and at least someone had to speak about it, right?"

"Yea, I've thought about it, too. But I just have no better explanation for that."

"Me, neither."

The ringing bell cut off our dialogue as we went to our first class that day: History.

I could not pay attention to whatever the teacher was saying right then, I was distracted by Clary's words - I didn't actually believe her...