29. Unlocked

Chapter 29 :

Unlocked

|

|

Terry, said the voice, My name's Terry.

Luck was the kind of power I've never had. My Escort could be whoever, from Clary to that nerd that always sits alone at lunch. But no, of course, my Escort had to be the most popular bitch in Lestrade Academy, Terry Blocks.

Terry? I asked, just to be sure I was one of the most unhappy persons right now, Terry Blocks?

Yes, Terry Blocks, she said, Now mind telling me what the hell is happening?

I sighed, Terry, right now I'm using telepathy to talk to you. I am in the school of girls' side. Come to the study of Mrs. Shoo, right now.

Why? She asked.

So we can talk in person. Mrs. Shoo's here, too, along with Mr. Rockets, the principal of boys' side. Be quick. And if you won't be able to talk to me, don't worry, that's my power, not yours. See you as soon as you get here.

With that, I opened my eyes to see Nick and Matthew staring at me. But Mrs. Shoo and Mr. Rockets were nowhere to be found.

"Are you finished?" I asked Nick.

He nodded, "Was done a few minutes ago. Are you?"

"Yea, she'll be here. Who is yours?"

He grinned, "Thomas. Who is yours?"

Thomas. His hot friend. Why couldn't I have my friend as an Escort?

I frowned, "Remember the girl that flirted with you and then told Mrs. Shoo that we dated?" I stopped talking until he nodded, "Terry it is."

His eyes widen, "She's your Escort?"

"Guess so."

He smirked, "I'm trying really hard not to laugh right now."

I smacked his arm playfully, "Months dating and I just found out you're a jerk. Did you tell Thomas to come here?"

He nodded, "Of course, ma'am."

"So did I, they'll be here soon," I said before turning to Matthew, acknowledging that neither of the principals were here, "Where are Mr. Rockets and Mrs. Shoo?"

"Called from the high," he replied.

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "High where?"

"They're not the owners of the school. More like guardians. Owners sometimes call for them to talk about the situation at schools and all."

"Who are they?" I asked next.

"Two men and two women, each has one of the four main elements. They own everything in this academy."

"How long have we been in... Trance?" Nick asked.

"Almost an hour."

"An hour?" Nick and I asked in unison. I looked down at my cell phone to see it was actually a half past 9 already.

He nodded and we heard a knock on the door. Guess we'll have to deal with two amazed teenagers then. We quickly left the training hall and closed the hidden door, walking to the entrance. I inhaled deeply before slowly touching the cold metalic doorknob and twisting it. I burst the door open and saw two teenagers there, Terry and Thomas.