6. One More Day

Chapter 6 :

One More Day

|

|

"They saw us Zoe, they saw us!" she panicked.

I looked around to see a Taxi. The clingers would be very, very angry. Fortunately, I spotted a Taxi coming and stopped it. The clingers were running towards us as we quickly told the driver our place and drove off, leaving the boys dissapointed.

We got at a boarding house at ten minutes to eleven.

"Where were you?" Ellie asked as I entered the room, both of my roommates inside.

"At McDonald's," I simply replied.

"And you didn't take me?" she snapped.

"Calm down, if you were there, you'd run back anyways."

"Why is it?"

"There was a fight."

Her eyes widened. "And who fought?"

"Remember Nick?" I said and she nodded. "It was him with his friend. And a couple of disguisting clingers."

"And why did they fight?"

"Is it important?"

She put her hands on her hips, making annoyed expression. "Yes, it is."

"Well, you know Clary? Clary Fray from my class?"

"We've met once, I think."

"Yea, I was with her. Nick and his friend were there, too, but on the other table, of course. So those two clingers sat next to Clary and me, flirting. I told them to get away and they didn't listen. So after a minute there was a dirty words fight between me and them. Soon Nick and his friend came to help, and the clingers provokated the two of them. So there was a fight. A big one."

Ellie's jaw dropped. "You- you serious?"

That stupid and obvious question immediately turned my sarcasm on. "No, Ellie. I was sitting in the backyard all alone, thinking for hours about what I could lie to you so I look cool."

"Can you stay serious for a second?"

"If you can ask serious questions for a second."

She groaned, dropping back her head. "And what after?"

"Nothing."

"And you guys just went back without a word?"

"Nope. I worked their bruises out, then we ate our meal and went back."

"Ate meal? You mean they didn't drop you out after the fight?"

"Nah, I paid."

"Oh. And- wait! Remote, remote, remote!" she exclaimed, "You said you worked their bruises out?"

"Yup."

"You mean, you were holding their faces for like an half hour?"

"Don't overreact, Ellie. I just fixed the bruises."

"And what did you talk about?"

"It's none of your bussiness."

"Tell me."

"Nothing, okay?"

She groaned once again before I showered, changed and lied to sleep. In the middle of changing, I felt my wrist hurting badly, and looked down to see the bluish-purplish bruise all around it. I groaned, remembering where it came from. It was from that blonde clinger, when he held my wrist right after I stood on Nick's way in the middle of the fight.