22. Reunion

Chapter 22 :

Reunion

|

|

I was always proud of myself that I didn't "exist but never lived", but the next two days went by in a complete pointless blur, without living. I saw Nick after that party, but never did I contact Billy. Until this morning, when he called at half past 7.

"Billy?" I picked up, finishing tying my boots and holding the phone with one hand, "You're awake at 7:30, what's wrong?"

"I've got problems and so does Nick, but he didn't want to tell you," his voice was so worried and nervous that I stood up and started pacing. Billy never got nervous, he was the most collected, calm and cheery person out there.

"What happened? What are you talking about?" I asked worriedly, walking back and forth in my room. Ellie and Nina have already left, I stayed to finish getting ready because of oversleeping, so I was alone. I put him on loud speaker, put the phone on my nighstand and kept on pacing.

"At that party..." Billy started off, his voice heard in the whole room, "Nick and I overreacted and the bastard deserved it, but... I got a call yesterday. One of the guests called the emergency when they saw him and... He's a little dead."

"What?" I scream, turning to face the phone, "Oh my God, Billy! Oh my God... Dead? But... Oh my God, it's my fault!"

"Calm down," he said, nervous himself, "It's not your fault, it's his, he deserved it."

"Oh my God, poor mother of that boy!" I kept on.

"Poor us, Zoe!" he replied, "We should be at police today at 11."

"Oh my God! I'll call dad," I said. My father owned a bussiness company, but he also was a great lawer. Before creating his company, he was one of the most wanted lawers in America. He just had to protect Billy and Nick.

"That's what I wanted to ask you."

"Of course, I'll do it! I'm calling him right now!"

Not waiting for his response, I took the phone and ended the call, dialing dad immediately.

"Hey hun," he answered, "How are you?"

"Dad, I need your help."

I guess my voice was just as nervous as Billy's, because dad answered worriedly, "Anything, hun. What's wrong?"

"There was this... Thing on the Halloween party, one boy kissed me against my will and Billy and Nick kicked him to the rest."

Dad's voice tensed, "Are you hurt? And who's Nick?"

"He's my boyfriend. I know I had to tell you, but that doesn't matter, that pervert died and today at 11 Billy and Nick need your protection at police."

"I don't know what I can do, I have tons of work today."

Tears welled up at the back of my eyes, "Dad, please. I will not forgive you if you don't help with this."

He sighed heavily, "Fine, today at 11."

"Yes, thank you!"

Instead of school that day, I ran out still in my school uniform and left with my car at Billy's.

I don't know how I managed to avoid a car accident during the 40 minute road trip. I kept jumping up and down in my seat and drove 30 kms over the speed limit. I didn't know what I'd do if Nick got arrested! Oh my God, Nick! That brainless boy, how could he hide it from me?