33. Upcoming

Chapter 33 :

Upcoming

|

|

Unfortunately, a portal to Thella, a key to Thella and Escorts stayed useless, because we had no idea how to use them. Everything happening around me was just a big ball of complicaty - mind-blowingy tangled string of mysterious sci-fi. We had no idea how to get to Thella and what to do after getting there. At some point, I even thought about dumping the job and moving abroad with Nick, but that was an absurd due to the fact that I had a world to save. My own world, for the matter.

I asked Matthew for numbers of both, Mrs. Shoo and Mr. Rockets, and called them everyday after that. Both of their cell phones were turned off and I had to pray each time I dialled their number for them to answer and say they were on their way, but the praying was useless and lacked results.

One of my theories were, maybe they couldn't charge their phones anywhere and they were alright. But the other theory which was uncompleted told me by my gut that something extremely bad was up. If neither of them showed up in the closest future, I'd go searching for them. Maybe Matthew had no idea of how to use the key or what Escorts should do, but he had to know where they owners' office - or cave or whatever they had - was.

After school I called Nick and told him to bring Matthew with him in the study of Mrs. Shoo, since I didn't have such lack of shyness. I came there first and after five minutes, I heard the door open behind me. Twirling around, I saw Nick entering the study and being followed closely behind by Matthew.

"So," I said, sittting on the desk of Mrs. Shoo before the boys sat down in the chairs opposite to me, "I want to talk about the principals and where they might be. Without them and the knowledge that they have, we can't  go to Thella. Where are the owners working, or living, or whatever?" I asked Matthew.

He threw his head back. Then straightened up soon and started talking after taking in a few deep breaths, "I don't know. Nobody actually knows except for Mrs. Shoo and Mr. Rockets."

"What about Martha?" I asked, "We haven't spoken to her at all, she might know something."

Matthew shook his head a little too furiously, "She came to work here around five years ago. I'm not sure if she knows about the Stir Couple at all. You know, I even doubt we're on the right road."

I furrowed my eyebrows at him, "What do you mean?"

"I think we made a few mistakes back there. In some occasions, your telepathic powers could go wrong way when you tried searching for them. You could easily be mistaken if you weren't concentrated enough, which explains the fact that Terry and Thomas feel nothing towards each other."

I frowned, "But- but I was concentrated. We can try again!"

"I think you overestimate your power. Sure, you really are powerful, but finding Escorts by telepathy? Really?"

"Why not?" Nick and I asked in unison.

"Because that's unreal."

I rolled my eyes, "And finding out that you're a humanoid creature called Silva from alternative universe called Thella isn't? And also, finding out you have a soulmate and you die if you're seperated and you can contact each other by telepathy."

Matthew stared at me emotionless before puffing out his cheeks amd answering, "Do whatever you want, won't be listening to me anyways. But I don't know where they are, otherwise, I'd bring them."

I nodded, "I know. Nick, why are you so silent?"

He looked at me with narrowed eyes, before mumbling, "I'll tell you later."