17. STHAL

Chapter 17 :

STHAL (Strange Things Happen At Lestarde)

|

|

My life became perfect monotonous. Every day I would go to school, then go to hang out with my friends, then meet Nick in the midnight and make out until our lunges swore on us.

I loved my life.

For the first time in my life everything was perfect. I talked with my parents 2 to 3 times a week and it was indeed a progress. I was doing normal at school, and perfect in relationships.

Another week flew by and it was Tuesday again, the cloudy weather reminding it was already November. Raindrops were falling down on earth every now and then, freshing up the air with that beautiful smell of rain. I wasn't listening to half of what the teacher was saying, looking out of the window instead and wondering what my life would be like if I didn't move to Lestrade Academy. Pointless, probably.

"Psst," I heard from my right. Looking to the side, I saw Clary turned my way, "Don't go anywhere after the bell, need to talk."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I nod at her, bringing my attention back to the board. It wasn't even 5 minutes after that the bell rang. Waiting for Clary to gather her things up, we exited.

"What's it?" I asked her, walking down the hallway slowly.

"Not here," she said and dragged me to the bathroom.

"So?" I said impatiently as Clary checked all the cabins. Seeing that they were all empty, she started talking.

"Are you and Nick still dating?"

I smile at the mention of him, "Yea, totally."

"And how?" she asked, "Meeting twice a week?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, "No, we're meeting every night."

"What? How?"

"I don't know, just sneaking out every night."

"I'm worried, Zoe," she said, "What if somebody catches you? Another ban and you're out. Out, like expelled. You understand it, right?"

I roll my eyes, "Just don't be all parenty. We're cool."

"Cool with what?" she almost screamed, "Expelling?"

"No, with each other. It's totally safe, no one will ever find out. Ever, like never. You understand it, right?"

Clary sighed, like all the problems in the world were rested on her shoulders, "I'm just worrying."

"I don't worry, why should you? I've done things even more strictly forbidden and I'm still free."

"I wonder how."

"Whatever, we're gonna be late."

"Late where? Lunch? You're too high in the sky, Zoe."

"Whatever," I said and exited, Clary following closely behind me.

"Just think about it, what would happen if you got expelled?" she asked, catching up with me.

"We'd keep dating normally, without all the sneaking-outs and hidings."

She sighed again, "Make sure to hide properly."

I nod at her whilst rolling my eyes and entering the cafeteria. When we were seated at our usual table where we were alone, I told her all the events from yesterday.