What's That Supposed To Mean? - 12

HEY! 

Cliffhanger last chapter, huh? Sorry, hehehe but here is the next chapter! I'm not going to write much here just, ENJOY! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 12

I snapped my eyes open, immediately backing away at the same time as Tyler and found Noah right behind us, just a few feet away, smirking.

“Well, well, well,” he repeated. “What is going on here?”

“None of your business,” I said, anger clear in my voice. This guy was everywhere! First he couldn’t leave my head with his stupid idiotic things and kisses and now he was interrupting my date night!

“Ooh, getting a little spicy here, aren’t we?” he said, still smirking. Did he plan on doing this? I took deep breaths, trying to calm myself down. But he knew how to push my buttons, he knew them as clear as I did and I knew he’d get me to explode sooner or later.

“Hey, why don’t you just tag along and let us do our own thing, huh?” Tyler said, standing up. I watched as Noah’s face changed; the smirk was replaced by a sneer and his eyes turned even darker than they already were. Hands in his pockets, he slowly took a few steps towards us. He scoffed, pretending to let out a small “laugh.”

“Why don’t you just tag along?” he said calmly. Right that moment, he looked dangerous. A calm furious Noah was never better than a screaming one. This was far worse and Tyler should not have interrupted. I knew Noah inside and out; he couldn’t handle guys that talked back to him. Especially like in this situation when they tell him to back off or leave or something. He explodes inside, I know that.

“I was here with Samantha and if you can’t handle that, you should go find another one of your toys and play,” Tyler said back, just as calmly. Noah was just coming closer to him and the only thing in the way was that plastic chair. I immediately stood up, pushed the chair aside and stepped between them, facing Noah. His face was only inches from mine; I could feel his breath on my neck and my cheek.

Suddenly, all I wanted to say seemed to be gone. My mind was empty and all I could feel was this tingling between us. My heart was beating hard and my hand even slowly started to move up to touch Noah. I came back to my senses and pushed it back down again. I looked him in the eye, ignoring the feeling it gave me.

“I don’t need you to ruin this as well,” I said quietly. His eyes went slowly down from my face to my legs and then back up. He had literally checked me out, right in front of me but like I always, I wasn’t surprised. It was Noah we were talking about.

“I don’t believe I’ve ever seen you in a dress, Riley,” he quietly said back in his husky voice that gave me goosebumps. What the hell was going on? Right, hormones. Of course my body liked this; I was a confused seventeen year old with hormones flying around all the time.

“Well, now you have,” I said. “And you can leave.”

“What if I don’t want to?” he whispered, coming even closer. His breath was a mixture of fresh mint and something more I couldn’t quite put my finger on. I didn’t mind at all and it scared me.

“I’ll make you,” I replied.

He smirked. I had totally forgotten about Tyler behind me, waiting for Noah to leave and for us to finish what we were doing. But I didn’t want to anymore; I felt bad, but I didn’t want to and Noah was to blame. I wanted so badly to know why he had kissed me the other day. It made no sense; we both hated each other and he had made it clear that he didn’t want anything to do with me, that he was disgusted with me and that he was cold towards me. So why?