What's That Supposed To Mean? - 26

Hey lovely readers! Love your comments for the previous chapter, thank you very much!

Here is chapter 26... Tell me what you think :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 26

I woke up with a yawn, only to see that it was eight o'clock. I had slept four hours. But I was kind of glad that I woke up now; I wanted to make breakfast for all the guys before they woke up. I glanced back at Noah and smiled, slowly and carefully snaking my way out of his arms. I smoothed down my clothes that awkward enough consisted of the same ones that Arianna had brought with her when we ran away.

I decided to take a quick shower, let my hair air dry and went into Noah's closet. He was sleeping like a baby, poor thing. They were probably all sleeping. I just hoped that I had time to make them breakfast, I didn't want them to worry about anything as long as I was here.

I put on a pair of Noah's basketball shorts and looked through his shirts. I picked a simple grey tee that was way to big and put it on before going downstairs to the kitchen. I took out everything I needed and started making pancakes. I wondered when the doctor would call, to update us on Uncle John. I wanted to know something, anything.

I made so many pancakes that I stopped when I saw how much it was. I put away everything, made the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen. I decided to clean a little in the house while no one was awake since I had nothing to do anyways. I was putting up the pillows on the couch when I felt that someone else was there. I looked to my left and saw Jacob there, leaning sideways against the wall, hands in his pockets of sweats.

“Hey,” I said, giving him a small smile. “How are you?”

He shrugged.

“Eh. I'm alive.” He smiled back.

“I made some pancakes in the kitchen for you guys.”

“I know, I could smell them all the way to my room.” He grinned. “That's why I woke up.”

I chuckled.

“Well, I'm glad it was good enough to interrupt your sleep.”

“How's Noah holding up?” Jacob asked, his face weary. I sighed.

“He's upset.”

Jacob looked around, his eyes stopping on the window, staring out.

“It happened so quick,” he said quietly. “One second he was just hurt, the other second he was lying down on the ground, unconsious. It was terrible.”

“I can't imagine,” I said, walking over to Jacob. I gave him a hug and he hugged me back. “Did the doctor say anything else?”

“No. He said that he'll call to update us if he sees a change.”