Those words

Harry sat on the desolate park bench, watching as people passed him by without a second glance, as if he wasn't a celebrity at all. His phone had died long ago, and he was half glad about it. All he wanted to do right now, was get as far away from the hotel as possible, away from the fame, the celebrity life, and most of all, the fans. He knew Louis would be worrying, he knew the boys would be trying to calm him down, and he knew Paul would kill him for his escape attempt. But the one thing he was certain of, was that he had done the right thing, for himself if not for anybody else...

Flashback

It was 2am, and he had woken up by the sound of his phone buzzing next to him constantly, which was very unusual. Harry untangled himself from his sleeping boyfriend, and reached over to see what was happening on his phone to warrant its annoying buzzing. Slowly, he grasped his phone from the side, and slid the lock open, but he nearly fell off the bed with the sight he saw. 

Twitter had exploded, with picture of fan protests outside a hotel. At first, Harry nearly just laughed and re-locked his phone, thinking that it was just some crazy fan craze against a singer turning up late to a concert. But then, he scrolled over a close up picture, and the hash-tag #LarryisReal.

On a closer look, Harry realised that the hotel they were standing outside... was the hotel they were in, and the protests were about... Larry Stylinson?

He scrolled down futher, and found a plethora of tweets, from both side of an argument.

@NiallsGirl54 - What the heck? Harry + Louis are together? #larry

@Thimz-123 - God, I swear this generation needs more guidance. Now 2 of the 1D boys are gay for eachother. #disgusting

@Larrygirl4eva - OMG! Dreams do come true! #bravery #larry

@Harryismybabe32 - Well, I actually thought these guys were decents, didn't think they'd be gay #sorrynotsorry #goodbye1d

Harry sat there, shocked, not knowing what to say. How did they find out? Who started this? And... the hate? He started to cry as the tweets got worse, slamming them all as twats, bad singers, and worse of all, liars. The band was used to abuse from the public on Twitter, but never as bad as this. And the worse thing was, it seemed like it had all stemmed because someone had found out about him and Louis being together...

Louis began to stir beside him, probably from the coldness of the bed where he was previously snuggled into Harry. Harry wanted to wake him, show him the tweets, to calm him down like he usually does in these situations, but he was too scared to. Scared that Louis would break up with him. Scared that Louis would blame him. Scared that he would lose whatever he had with the beautiful blue eyed boy lay beside him. They were all stupid ideas, Harry knew that Louis would never leave him. But his insecurity got the better off him, and Louis wasn't awake to calm his fear. 

Louis started to move closer again, blindly reaching out for Harry to cuddle for warmth again, and it took all of his will-power not to give in and let the matter rest until morning. He stood up, and pushed the rest of the double quilt towards him, covering his exposed chest with the thick, bulky fabric, before standing back to watch as Louis curled himself around the ball. He slowly made his way around the other side of the bed, kissing Louis lightly on the cheek, and taking a quick photo, before grabbing his diary from the side, and ripping out a loan blank page. 

Quickly, he scribbled a note, trying to express how sorry he was, but ended up with a poor attempt which didn't really explain much. It read:

"Dear my Louis,

After my confession to you last night, I thought I would be able to overcome this with you by my side, but I'm sorry, I just can't. I love you, with all my heart I do, but I can't face the fans after what I heard them jeer this morning, and after all of the remarks on Twitter that were made. I don't know how they found out, but that is irrelevant now, they were bound to some day. I'm sorry. I truly am. I just didn't know what else to do. Please forgive me.