Promise This

Meanwhile, over in Louis and Harry's room, Zayn and Liam were lay, hands entwined, watching some sort of random political debate show on TV, whilst they waited for the call to get ready from Lou, which would probably be about 11ish. Not many words had been spoken between them since they woke in the morning due to the chaotic nature of events that took place, but they were now finally alone in a quiet room, and Zayn decided that they needed to clear the air. He squeezed Liam's hand gently to get his attention, and Liam turned his head to face him, and they shared a quick Eskimo kiss before Zayn started.

"Liam, you know, everything that happened this morning... How did it make you feel?" Zayn asked with apprehension, half worried of what Liam's answer would be.

Liam thought about it for a minute, as honestly, he had been too wrapped up with Louis, trying to keep him calm, rather than focusing on what was happening.

"I don't know really. It... it proved that we have the support of some fans I suppose, which makes me calmer about everything, but it also proved that there are some fans who don't like the whole idea, so... I suppose it's just a case of whether you let them get to you or not. I can see why Harry ran off, because of how sensitive he is about what people think of him. But it wouldn't have got to me as much I guess. I've dealt with all the bullies at school. It's not that much different. What about you?"

"Me? Well, I think, same as you said, it showed me that they are two sides to it, and that, judging by the fans this morning, it's a pretty equal playing field between those who support and those who don't. It got to me a bit, but I suppose I'm thankful that I wasn't in Harry or Louis' position. It could have been any of us 3 couples that got caught holding hands, but luckily it was them two."

"Luckily?" Liam asked, confused as to why Zayn would think it as lucky.

"Well, not luckily then. But, think about it, it's the easiest one to play themselves out of. Harry and Louis have been snapped numerous times holding hands, acting coupley, playing it up for the cameras. If any pair can convince the public that they are just friends, if that is indeed what they decide they want to do, then it's them two. Larry Stylinson was a ship long before it became a reality, another picture just fuels hopes, it doesn't confirm anything. Hell, they even got caught kissing last year!"

"Yeah, yeah that's true. They can pull it off. But what about us? Are we staying private or...?" Liam asked, and this time he was the one being apprehensive.

"I think... yes? I don't think coming out right now is the best idea, especially after this morning. Besides, if we do, we risk putting pressure on the other two couples to do the same, and they don't need that. Niall and Josh already had the drama Ellie caused, and Harry is obviously still insecure about everything."

"Yes, I agree. " Liam said, and he leaned across to give Zayn another kiss, this time taking his time with it.

Liam snuck his hand around Zayn's neck and pulled him closer, before letting Zayn lie flat and he hovered over him, not breaking the kiss once. Zayn wrapped his arms around Liam's torso, pulling him flat against him, but they just kept it to a simple kiss. One that said I love you. I need you. You are safe with me.

They stayed like this for over 10 minutes, only breaking when they needed to breath, just enjoying the time alone whilst they were awake and rested, knowing they wouldn't get much time like this until their next day off, until they were interrupted by a knock on the door, following by Harry and Louis entering the room, separated at first but their hands intertwining as soon as the door was shut, the contact leaving them both smiling widely.

"Look's like you two kissed and made up then!" Liam said, and the boys just smiled at each other and blushed in lieu of answering.

"I think we're going to go grab some late breakfast. Joining us?" Liam asked, climbing of the bed and pulling Zayn with him.

"Yes, I think we need to fuel up before tonight, late finish as well" Louis said, now stood leaning against Harry wrapped in his arms looking very content.

"I'll go grab Niall and Josh and meet you guys downstairs then" Zayn said, giving Liam a quick kiss before going to leave the room, but Louis caught his arm before he left.

"I'll come with you" Louis said, and Zayn nodded, as he and Louis left the room.

"Any reason why Louis wanted to go with Zayn?" Liam asked as Harry scooted around for some clean clothes.

"Well yeah, we wanted to ask you about what you were going to say at the interview tonight, but Louis wanted to ask Zayn privately. He said that Zayn had helped him before this all started, and he wanted to say thankyou for this morning. Same with me. "

"It's fine Haz. You would've done it for me and Zayn if it would've happened to us. And as for your query, we are staying private. It's the best way"

"Yeah, same with me and Lou. After this morning, I think that it will be a long time before I'm able to face the media" Harry said as he did his hair and teeth.

"I don't blame you. And just so you know, you've both got the full support of me and the rest of the boys, no matter what you decide to do" Liam said, and Harry pulled him into a short hug, before continuing to get ready.

Eventually, Liam and Harry made it out of the room, after Harry had perfected his hair a million times, to find the other 4 boys slightly ahead of the room walking towards the lift. Upon hearing the door open, Liam went to catch up with Zayn, and Louis waited behind for Harry. None of the couples were holding hands after the CCTV leak earlier, but they were together, which was enough.

"Did you speak to Zayn then?" Harry asked Louis before they caught up to the group.

"Yes, he said he and Liam are keeping it quiet. As for Niall and Josh, they are too. Josh is still worried about being seen with Niall because he isn't one of us 5, so there's no way they will come out any time soon. He made that quite clear without us having to ask." Louis said as the lift came to a stop and they all clambered in.

"I love you Louis" Harry whispered to Louis as soon as the doors closed, and Louis grabbed his hand discreetly and squeezed it, their hands hidden between us from any cameras.

"I love you too" Louis whispered back, as they gave a final hand squeeze and then let go, as the lift came to a stop and they all got out, before racing each other to the buffet breakfast, leaving Paul, who was waiting for them, exasperated at their antics.

Behind closed doors, they were still the same 5, well 6 rowdy teenagers who did stupid things and fell in love. But out in the media, things were about to get a lot harder. What troubles would fame bring? And could they make it through the dark?