Hiding Behind Paper Walls

To say that the X Factor performance and the interview on Xtra Factor went well would probably be an understatment, considered the circumstances hours before. As the boys returned to the stage on which they were put together on a year before, they let the old memories repair their wounds, and they sang their hearts out to the crowd, who, not surprisingly, happened to mostly be One Direction fans. The comments from Simon and the other judges warmed their hearts, and made them realise just how far they had come in the year. It made them even more excited for the O2 date the next night, and as they collapsed into the all too familiar dressing room, they finally felt at home.

The interview also went, well, better than expected for them anyway. Of course there were questions about the morning's events, about the picture on Twitter, and about Harry leaving, but, without any pre planning, the boys managed to draw convincing answers out of thin air, and somehow made them all fit together to sound like it was true. The boys didn't sit in their couples, in order to prevent any accidental subconcious actions, and also so that Niall didn't feel left out, but they still played it off with all of the playful banter between them, just so that the fans didn't think anything was up, but also so the fans didn't suspect anything.

By the time they managed to get out of the arena, they all collapsed into the awaiting limo, and sat in their couples, and as the limo began to move, they all let out a breath they had been holding and relaxed.

"I think we played that off pretty well don't you think boys?" Liam said, and they all nodded in agreement.

"Performing on that stage again, it felt so surreal" Niall said as he leaned into Josh.

"Can't wait for the O2 tomorrow" Zayn said, pouring them all a glass of coke and passing them round.

"Every ticket was sold, its a total sell out, and it's only our first tour!" Louis squealed, and they all cheered and toasted their glasses.

"Here's to the start of, hopefully, a long and successful carrer" Harry said, and they all cheered and toasted again.

When they finally reached the hotel again, it was gone midnight, so they all went straight to bed, knowing they had to be up early in the morning. As it was their first date at the O2, they had all of the prep to do when they got there, and they had all decided to go in early to learn the ropes. All 3 couples just relaxed for the night and kept things simple, with just a quick goodnight kiss and hug, before settling down together and falling asleep in eachothers arms.