The Worst Is Over...

TRIGGER WARNING - no actual self-harm but conversations about self-harm - chapter can be completely skipped - summary at end and start of next chapter

xxxxx

Chaos surrounded the hotel for the next few minutes as frantic phone calls were made, Liam went through a million different emotions all at once, the boys tried to calm Liam down whilst trying to figure it out and calm themselves down, and the fans outside went crazy, many of them screaming and crying as the news spread like wildfire, shocking everyone to the core.

Meanwhile, over in the hospital, Zayn was surrounded by doctors and nurses, attached to an array of different machines and monitors, all working to stabilise him and bring him back to consciousness. Louis was sat there watching on, trying to comprehend what was happening around him mixed with how they had gotten here. One minute, he and Zayn were sleeping peacefully on the bed, Zayn with his arms wrapped tightly around Louis and Louis snuggled into Zayn, showing him that he was there for him in his worked up, upset state. Then, Zayn had woken up, saying he felt dizzy and needed the toilet. Louis had let him go while he went to get him a glass of water and some painkillers, when he had heard a loud bang. He rushed back, to find Zayn collapsed on the bathroom floor, face as pale as a ghost and the bandage around his arm crimson red, and he had screamed. Everything else was a blur, as Paul rushed in and they were straight off to the hospital, Louis refusing to let go of Zayn even when they got there, until the nurses had physically prised him away with the help of Paul, and he had collapsed into Paul's arms, sobbing hysterically and screaming for Zayn to come back to him.

That was half an hour ago. Now, his sobbing had finally subsided, and he finally was thinking rationally again, and he was about to ask Paul if the boys knew anything yet, when his phone chimed, and he saw the same news report that the boys had a few minutes before hand due to the poor signal in the hospital. Paul was furious, knowing that this was the last thing that they needed right now, and stormed out of the room, phone in hand, calling the press office or management probably to sort it all out.

Louis was considering ringing Harry to see how things were, but he was beaten to it, as he heard the screams from girls outside, and a crowd beginning to form, as he watched his bandmates being ushered into the family room, and he wanted to go and join them, but his thoughts were interrupted by a cough from the bed, and he looked over to see Zayn, only 3 doctors now around him, looking at him with a small smile, and Louis dragged his chair over to sit next to him.

"Zayn, thank gosh you are ok! You really scared me then for a minute!" Louis gasped, gently hugging his band mate before pulling away, instead grabbing his none bandaged hand.

"I'm sorry, I don't really remember what happened. One minute I felt fine, then suddenly I went really cold and everything felt heavy, then it all went black and I remember the floor coming towards me, and that was about it" Zayn mumbled slowly and slightly jumbled, but Louis could understand him, and he squeezed his hand in acknowledgment, glad to feel that he was warmer than earlier.

"Zayn, you don't need to apologise, but this all stemmed from you cutting earlier, and this is exactly what can happen if you go too far. Luckily, we found you in time and you didn't lose too much blood, but for a second we lost your pulse, and the monitors went crazy and..."

Louis started sobbing and Zayn tried to pull him closer by tugging on his arm, and Louis got the message, standing up and curling onto the bed with Zayn, crying into his shoulder as he avoided the wires, and Zayn hugged him the best he could as he took in just how bad he had been.

"I promise you that I will try my best to never cut again, and I'm so sorry that I put you through this. I know you must have told the boys by now, and I don't mind. They need to know" Zayn said as Louis sat back down, still holding his hand.