Not Giving In

SUMMARY of previous chapter if skipped - it was revealed Zayn has been self-harming for a while, he accidentally did again but was unable to stop the bleeding and texted Louis for help before losing consciousness

TRIGGER WARNING for this chapter - no further incidents of self-harm - but conversations about self-harm and mentions of blood - this chapter can also be skipped and summary given at end and at start of next chapter.

xxxxxx

Louis ran down the corridors at lightning speed, checking every door and asking everyone if they had seen Zayn frantically, until he reached the final door, the door to the public bathroom. Louis was out of breath, his face bright red from exertion and his muscles stinging from the sudden explosion of energy, and he collapsed into the bathroom, intending to cool himself down before going to search again.

He pushed open the door, panting heavily as he leant on the swinging handle, and he was so distracted that he nearly tripped over the still body before him, not registering it until his foot gently hit Zayn's outstretched arm. Louis looked down, thinking he kicked the wall or something, and he only just managed to keep in his scream as he came to his senses, knocked into reality by the shocking sight in front of him.

Zayn was pale, sprawled across the floor, a gentle trickle of blood trailing from his left wrist. Louis knelt down next to him, checking his right wrist for a pulse... There was one, but it was very weak. Louis ripped off his shirt, reaching over Zayn's thin frame and grabbing his other wrist. He held his arm up straight, and the blood flow stopped dripping for a moment, as he made a make-shift bandage with his T-shirt around the cuts, hoping to stem the blood flow a little a least until they could get him some proper medical attention.

Still holding his wrist up, he pulled Zayn onto his lap as he cried in anguish, knowing that he should call for help as soon as possible, but he needed a moment to calm down a little, unable to really register what he had just come into, acting in pure panic and desperation rather than sensibly.

"Oh Zayn, what have you done?" cried Louis, feeling how cold his face was, before he heard Liam's panicked voice from the corridor, luckily bypassing where he was in the bathroom.

Louis knew that Liam and the others would need to know, but the last thing they needed right now was for Liam panic, especially as Louis did not know what had actually happened, so he felt it was best if they could get Zayn conscious and healthy again before alerting the others. So, when he heard the outside door slam, followed by Harry and Niall shouting after Liam, Louis reached up to grab Zayn's phone from the counter and called Paul, knowing that Paul would be able to handle it best, after all the other things he had experienced with the boys. He picked up after the first ring, and Louis breathed a sigh of relief and he juggled the phone and Zayn's body.

"Hello Zayn, everyone's looking for you"

"Paul, it's me Louis"

"Louis? Why do you have Zayn's phone? Where are you?"

"Right, before I answer anything, where are you currently?"

"I'm still in the dressing room, waiting for you to come back"

"Right, okay, well don't panic, I'm fine, but I need you to get to the end public toilets asap please"

"Okay, I'm walking now, why?"

"There's been a bit of an accident with Zayn, but please, come alone."

"Right, you are worrying me now"

"Paul, please, just get in here. And make sure no one follows right now"

Louis hung up as the door swung open quickly, and Paul appeared at the door, closing it quickly behind him.