Fragile and Breaking

Louis awoke around 10am, still wrapped tightly in Harry's arms, unable to move an inch. At first, he thought it was all just a bad dream that he had had, Harry leaving him, the fans finding out, the note on the table from Harry confessing his apologies. The room was deadly silent, the curtains were drawn, and Harry was lay next to him, just like he should be. The only give away that reminded him that it actually was real was the different room layout, the 4 poster bed, and the fact that Harry was fully dressed and he wasn't just in his boxers.

He turned around in Harry's arms, bringing his hand up to push back his unruly curls, and he smiled as he cuddled into Harry's warm chest, which smelt of Jean Paul Gautier's latest fragrance, Louis' favourite, and just Harry. He couldn't sleep again, but he didn't want to move or wake Harry, so he took the peaceful time to think over the morning's events, while he was still held tight by Harry.

He could see why Harry had gone off, in fact, he was surprised that Harry acted as calmly as he did. If it would have been him who had been woken up by the chants and the tweets, he would have screamed, cried, shouted at the fans, caused a scene outside the hotel and told them all where to get off. Despite being the one who usually calmed the rest of them down, Louis was the most sensitive of them all, and took things to heart too much. Deep down, he knew that most of their actual fans would either have been the ones supporting them, or they wouldn't have even said anything, because they weren't the type. The ones causing the trouble were the fame greedy wannabe's, who hated One Direction as a band anyway, and knew that they could show that by starting the protest. 

However, the whole thing had also shown him that their relationship was fragile, and that Harry nearly gave up at the first hurdle. They had known, well at least Louis had known, that the media wouldn't be supportive. He loved Harry, and he knew Harry loved him too, but it had shown him that Harry couldn't cope with pressure, and damn, would they be coming under a lot of it.

Harry began to stir next to him, and his eyelids fluttered open, to reveal to Louis the deep sea of green that lived there, and he smiled, dimples showing and everything. It was moments like these that Louis loved, even when they hadn't been going out, just the two of them together in their own little world. 

"Morning babe" Harry said, his voice laded with sleep, the huskiness of it making him sound like a man instead of a 17 year old boy. 

"Morning love, sleep well?" Louis replied, as if nothing had gone on at all, something he wished was true.

"I'm sorry Lou, I didn't mean it" Harry said quickly, burying his face in Louis' chest again whilst still holding him tightly, as if he was afraid Louis was going to run off.

"Haz, I know. Thankyou for coming back" Louis whispered into Harry's ear, threading his fingers through Harry's soft, unruly curls.

"I could never leave you Lou. You mean everything to me"

"Harry, I know right now you probably don't want to remember this, but... later today.. we have to face the media. Perform on X-Factor, meet a group of fans, and have an interview on the Xtra Factor. What are we saying?"

Harry froze next to Louis at the thought. Nick had managed to persuade him not to run, but he had only just been able to calm down from the morning's events, never mind facing the media head on. Then he remembered what Nick had said about hiding it, and decided to tell Louis.

"Lou, while I was out... I bumped into Nick Grimshaw"

"What, that DJ from Radio 1?"

"Yeah, he came across me in the park and recognized me. Only person that did actually"

"Right... Well is there any reason you are telling me this? You didn't... cheat on me or something with him did you?"

Louis' random panic over Harry cheating made Harry laugh, but made him also realize just how insecure Louis was about it all as well, and he tightened his arms around him.

"No Lou, we just talked that's all. But he said something that got me thinking."

"Yes...?"

"Well, you know, I take it you saw the news report earlier?

"Yes I did, all the fetus picture and everything..."

"Well, you know, if we don't want to tell the world, we can play it down. Say we were just holding hands as friends. We don't need to give into pressure. Just act like usual to the world, and have a relationship behind closed doors."

Louis thought about it for a moment, and realized that Harry must have been thinking about it quite seriously. 

"Let's do it. If that's what you want?"

"Louis, as long as I've got you by my side, that's all I care about."

Louis' heart did a flip at that and he leaned in to plant a massive kiss on Harry's lips.

"I love you Harry Edward Styles." He said during a breath, before Harry pulled him back in.

"And.. I ... Adore ...You" Harry said between kisses. 

The two boys made out for a while, before Harry froze suddenly.

"Louis... the others.... do they know they will get questioned about their relationships? I mean the fans seemed to known about Ziam and Nosh?"

Louis laughed at Harry's nicknames for the couples, but then realized what he was implying.

"Erm....."