Half A Heart - Part 1

2 weeks later....

So your friend's been telling me,

You've been sleeping with my sweater

And that you can't stop missing me

Harry curled up in their... no... his double hotel bed, the crisp clean white covers wrapped tightly around his thin frame, despite the room being overly warm already due to the hot summer nights. On his body, he was still wearing his clothes from earlier - his black tight skinny jeans, a Jack Wills short sleeved white T-shirt, and short white ankle socks. But there was one addition, Over his prized figure-hugging T-shirt, he was wearing Louis' thick woolen jumper. Harry found it stuffed in the bottom of his suitcase, after probably ending up there due to his and Louis' chaotic packing schemes 10 minutes before they leave a hotel, but it was the only thing he had left with him of Louis', and it was the only thing that had had an effect in even slightly calming him down.

He had turned off his phone, and unplugged the TV and the hotel phone, unable to talk to anyone or be around anyone as he came to terms with what had just happened, even though he had seen it coming ever since Louis started acting strange, after the 4Music awards at the start of the tour, and especially even since he had overheard Louis' phone call to a mystery person a few days ago about "the thing" in a few days time. The boys hadn't yet tried to bother him, and they could get in with the other room card, which Liam had, after Louis had given it to him earlier, as he left the hotel to be with her.

The dried tear tracks down his face darkened with the tint of the mascara from the show visablly showed just what a mess Harry was without Louis, and he had only been gone an hour. Ever since he had met Louis, he had developed some dependence on the elder boy, even before they had started being together. Louis was the one he always turned to when he was upset, who always stuck by him when he was being moody, especially when Harry had spent the 3 months ignoring them all. Louis was the one who didn't push for answers, but sat, waiting to listen to you. And now, at the time when Harry was at his lowest, he was gone, and despite the fact that Louis was the one who had caused his upset, the only person he wanted to see was Louis. And that made his heart break even more.

Bet my friend's been telling you

I'm not doing much better

'Cause I'm missing half of me

Over in the other hotel, nearly 10 miles away from Harry and the other boys, Louis really wasn't doing much better at all. As soon as he had walked out of the door, he had collasped against the nearest wall in a burst of heart-wrenching sobs that shook his whole body, and lost all energy to do anything. Seeing Harry's broken expression, the tears streaming down his face, it had stabbed Louis' right in the heart, and it had taken all his will power not to run over and take everything back, stay with him, let Harry forgive him for everything. The thing was, he was unable to live with the guilt anymore, his secret meet-ups with Cassie becoming more and more obvious, and he knew, he knew that Harry knew, and the fact that Harry just stood and let him drift away from him was what drove him away in the end. He couldn't face hurting Harry, his Harry, the one who never denyed him anything, even though Louis treated him like a piece of dirt on his shoe with all the secrets and the lies, even if it was for his benefit. He could see just how much Harry loved him, but the problem was, he was the one who kept betraying him, and lying to them all, and he thought that by leaving, that Harry might be able to move on, maybe get over him, find someone worthy of his unfaltering love, even though Louis knew that he himself would never stop loving Harry, no matter how many girls he slept with, if he chose to sleep with anyone now.

After realising that Louis was making no effort to move, Paul eventually gave up, and carried Louis down to the awaiting car, and layed him down gently across the back seats on the limo, before sliding in slowly next to him. He pulled his arm around him, and let Louis sob against him, as they made their way to the other hotel, which he had organised on Louis' request after hearing of everything. Paul, despite knowing how much the seperation was going to affect the two boys, and the whole band, had agreed to do it, after hearing what had gone off. He knew about Louis' recent antics, his secret meetings with Cassie in the middle of the night, the lies he would tell Harry to cover up, the accusing looks from the other boys as he tiptoed back into the hotel in the early hours of the morning. He knew that it would kill Harry, watching Louis walk out the door and having to be without him, but he also knew that it was killing Louis, lying to him, and he believed, that just maybe, the seperation would make them both realise just how much they loved eachother, and that maybe it would strengthen them as a couple.

Once the car pulled up at the new hotel, Louis immediatly grabbed the previously aquired room key from Paul, and had sprinted up to his new room, abandoning his bags in the car, locking himself in before collapsing onto the bed, fully dressed. He started sobbing hysterically into the pillow, before his mood changed, and he became angry. He punched the bed, screamed, shouted, threw the pillows around the room, before falling back onto the bed from exhaustion, grabbing the pillow and holding onto it like a baby, as if he was holding Harry in his arms again, the crying never stopping. Eventually, Louis fell to be a victim to sleep and tiredness, and he fell into a fitful sleep, dreaming and replaying the night over in his head, killing him even more on the inside every time, but his body just didn't have the energy to fight sleep.

After about half an hour, Paul quietly tiptoed into the room, after realising the room had been quiet, to the sight of the asleep Louis writhing on the bed, the covers twisted manically around his legs, as they falied around during his nightmares. He quietly placed his bags at the bottom of the bed, before checking on Louis, making sure he didn't have any of his necklaces wrapped tightly around his neck, and he gently took his phone from where it had fallen out and grabbed his charger, putting it on charge for the next day, knowing Louis would want it.

As Paul exited the room, he recieved a call from Zayn, which he answered as he left the room.

"Hey Zayn"

"Hey Paul, erm.. How's Louis coping?"

"Louis.. well he's not killed himself yet, if that's what you are meaning."

"Bad then?"

"He's currently asleep, but it's not a calm sleep. He spent half an hour collapsed against the wall outside the common room, crying his eyes out, and he lost all energy to do anything. He's lost without Harry, but he 's the one that caused it, so that's why I've followed through on it, instead of making Louis go and sort it like I wanted to"

"Yeah. I know what you mean."

"How's Harry then?"

"He's not much better. I went to check on him a few minutes ago, and he was curled up into a ball on Louis' side of the bed. He's got Louis' jumper on, and it's boiling in there, so I've opened the window so he can cool down, because I think the jumper is the only thing that can calm him down"

"He's asleep then?"

"Erm.. hard to tell. It's quite a fitful sleep, like Louis', if he is asleep."

"Well, I'll let you get off. I hope the rest of you are ok, and I'll be over to pick you all up at 9. Look after Harry please"

"Yes we will. Night Paul"

"Night Zayn"